Posts by JoeKing

In library views the /path/to/file detail is only shown under the "refresh" icon.

That is what I meant: The refresh icon was not even shown!

I think I missed something while copying data to the new device. When I select some of my directories that usually have the setting "Series" for example to define the content, this was still set to "None". Where are these settings saved?

This is what I did:

1. Clean install of RasPi5 image on new card, booted this image once to let the setup enlarge the partition, everything was working fine so far.

2. Then I booted the RasPi4 device and created the backup tar archive in the LibreELEC settings.

3. Afterwards I copied this tar archive from the RasPi4-card to the RasPi5-card (into the backup directory).

4. After booting the RasPi5 device again I could execute the restore function without problems, the tar file was found and extracted.

5. The device rebooted and did some more restore actions during boot.

6. Then when I expected the GUI to come up, all I could see was distorted colors and noise. No navigation was possible anymore.

I could logon via SSH but did not know what setting was wrong and how I could fix this.

I now reformatted everything again and have a good working installation. The RasPi4 device has an up-to-date installation of 11.0.5 as well, but it is very old and was upgraded from several devices (RasPi2, 3 and their corresponding LibreELEC versions) continuously. There are probably some old and obsolete files/settings. So if possible I would like to selectively transfer only the movie databases and settings and keep everything else fresh.

All I need to know is which files/directories are required for this to work.

Thank you!

Hi,

I tried using the backup function on my RasPi4 but after restore and reboot on my RasPi5 there were display errors and I could not do anything anymore.

Apparently the backup function saves and restores _all_ settings, even hardware settings that are not valid on the migrated device.

So my question is: How can I _only_ migrate my movie databases, settings and watched statuses from one device to another?

I tried copying ~/.kodi/userdata/Database, Thumbnails and addon_data. My library was then visible, but the references were somehow broken I think. For example in the movie information window the last button is missing where it shows the pathname to the file.

Thank you!

RPi4/5 support HDR10, but not the dynamic version HDR10+ .. otherwise I agree :)

Hi all,

I currently have a RPi4 as well and think about an upgrade. HDR10 movies play fine so far, but my TV always only recognizes 8bit colors at most. (When playing from my UHD player I can see 12bit colors.) I am thinking this is due to some RPi4 hardware restrictions?

What bothers me about the RPi5 is the need for more power and apparently a fan :(.

Can anybody tell me if the RPi5 will output the full colors available?

Dolby Vision would be nice too, but I wasn't able to find any good alternative yet. All I need is some device with low power consumption that can play my videos with Kodi, like the RPi4.