Posts by Jim.Hd

Hi chewitt,

Many thanks for your reply to my post. It is indeed confusing made worse by the fact I am easily confused.

I have added a line to the .ovpn file which is ..... askpass /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon-data/service.vpn.manager/UserDefined/user.txt.

When I installed previously installed the .ovpn file using the "UserDefined Import Wizard" the Import Wizard Log told me the .ovpn (JimH.ovpn) file had been copied to

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon-data/service.vpn.manager/UserDefined/JimH.ovpn

I presumed this was where the .ovpn file got installed for me to write the extra line .

So I then installed the user.txt file containing the password to same location.

When I tried to connect I then got the error message "askpass failure --no such file or directory"

I have checked there are no typos.

Perhaps I have just not understood where you were telling me to write the "askpass" line.

One thing I am puzzled by is why, if I use the file manager in System to look at the files I see that the location is

special://profile/addon-data/service.vpvn.manager/UserDefined.

I did try writing this location instead, but it does not work either.

I apologize if I am being dumb

I am hoping that someone else has connected a Raspberry Pi running LibreElec to another Raspberry Pi running PiVPN and can tell me what I have not done correctly as I cannot connect Kodi to my VPN server

My PiVPN server is in the UK and my Raspberry Pi Kodi is in Portugal.

My PiVPN server works fine as I have other devices connected to it.

I have installed Zomboided VPN Manager to the Kodi

I have chosen the "User Defined VPN" when setting up VPN Manager

I have the user.ovpn file generated by PIVPN

When I use the user.ovpn as generated by the PiVPN I get an error message generated that .........................................

"you have neither a controlling tty nor systemd -cant ask for "Enter private key password" and can not use "auth-no cache."

After changing the line in the .ovpn configuration to "auth-ask-pass" -------I then get an error message which says

"unrecognised option, or missing or extra parameter, /storage/kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/user defined/user.openvpn:12:auth-ask-pass(2.5.8)"

I now have no idea what I need to change to make this work.

Can anyone help me please?

Has any other person connected Kodi on a Raspberry Pi to their own VPN server, rather than one of the many paid for ones?

Thanks

Jim