Posts by drew1kun

mglae Thank you very much for your help.

This acutally solved my problem!

However, still don't understand why I wasn't able to start the webserver via ssh. I suspect it has something to do with authentication and password (because when I actually was able to control my kodi via kodi-remote GUI did not allow me to start webserver unless I set up the password)... But how would I do that in the command line? Just cannot find anything relevant info in wiki...

Hi everybody. New to LE and Kodi.

I have spent three days breaking my head against the wall with no luck, trying to enable webserver on my LE (tried both 11.0.3 and 10.0.4) on Raspberry Pi 4.

I don't have the keyboard - only my laptop for ssh access. Thus for configuring kodi I wanted to enable http server, connect via Yatse android app and configure the rest (wifi, addons etc.)

Trying to follow the the wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Web_interface I have enabled ssh, stopped kodi systemd service and tried directly modifying webserver-related part of /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml :

After doing systemctl start kodi all was overwritten and nothing listens on ports 8080 or 9090.

Ok, then I have created /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with the following content:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <services>
            <esallinterfaces>true</esallinterfaces>
            <webserver>true</webserver>
            <zeroconf>true</zeroconf>
            <webserverport>8080</webserverport>
        </services>
    </advancedsettings>

Expectations: Webserver starts listening on port 8080 for HTTP requests (so I could connect to it via Yatse Android client)

Actual results: JSON-RCP starts listening on 9090 but NOTHING is listening on 8080 (checking with nmap and netstat:(

Both LE11.0.3 and 10.0.4 show same behavior. I even tried to configure it with JSON-RCP (without luck) using the following curls (following by systemctl restart kodi)

I think I am missing something obvious, but cannot find anything online. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.