Posts by Bloopo7

I have WiFi working on that Pi 3 on my network with the Pi running Raspbian, after using this solution which edits a /network/interfaces file - seems to be some issue with my router using DHCP? https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/5164…n0-unassociated

That same Pi3 is the one that wouldn't connect to the WiFi while running LibreElec. I don't know if this solution could be achieved on LE through SSH.

My Pi2 using a dongle, Pi4 and Pi5 running LE all have no issue connecting to the WiFi without any tweaking (which is a nice bonus that LE has drivers for the WiFi dongle). I'm not sure why the issue seems to isolate just to this Pi3 since I switched the mesh network to also be the router.

To add some questions into the puzzle, I've been experiencing the WiFi key invalid error since updating my router.

I was using some Netgear as router/wifi access point. Recently I upgraded to TP Link Deco x55 for mesh wifi. When I was using it as *just* the access point the wifi still connected fine.

When I switched to using the x55 as also doing router duties (including local IP reservation) then I started getting the key invalid error.

I run LibreElec on a RPi 3 model B (bought Feb 2018), it's plugged into a powerline adapter for ethernet so I don't consider the wifi functionality essential for my use case.

I also have an older Pi 2 model B v1.1 - when I plug a wifi adapter into the USB, it connects to the same x55 wifi just fine with no complaints.

Both Pi's are on the same build of LibreElec (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.8.img). So I wonder if there's a hardware or firmware level compatibility issue rather than it being software/OS.

I tried plugging the wifi dongle into the Pi3 and then realised I don't know how to force it to use USB wifi to see if that would make a difference. Either way, like I say I have it hooked up via ethernet so it's not an essential issue for me but as I found this thread troubleshooting for a resolution I thought I'd pass on my experience. If desired, I can test things if there's info on where to get log information, though I'll be travelling for a week from tomorrow so don't expect anything immediate.

I have a Pi5 on order so when that arrives I'll be interested to see if it works on wifi or the problems continue.