Posts by jon_smark

I have been happily running the Music Player Daemon (MPD) add-on on my Libreelec installation (x86-64, using a recent nightly build). The regular ALSA audio output works fine, but the "httpd" audio output doesn't seem to do anything. Here's the relevant section on mpd.conf:

After I restart the service, there's nothing listening on port 8000, and MPD's logs are completely oblivious to this new audio output.

I thought the version of MPD available for Libreelec supported the "httpd" audio output out-of-the-box. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm running the latest nightly build (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0-nightly-20230917) and when I try to install the Youtube plugin from the official Kodi repository I get an error that the "InputStream Adaptive" dependency cannot be installed. Note that this same PC previously ran "Kodi from Debian" and that same plugin was installed successfully.

Anyway, apologies if this is a known problem, but I couldn't find any information about it on this forum. If the problem is new I can help to debug it by posting logs, etc.

I have a PC with an Intel Processor N100 (Alder Lake-N) that I'd like to use as my Kodi box. The PC has a 1TB SSD, which I'd like to use both for the system and for media. Ideally, the media would reside in a separate partition, but I read that's not recommended with Libreelec. However, I'm a bit puzzled how people get around this limitation: Are you all using separate disks for the system and media? Or do you copy your media into the same partition as the system? But in the latter case, how do you handle system upgrades -- do you just delete your media (unacceptable in my case) or does Libreelec always have an upgrade path that preserves the non-system data?

Note that because Alder Lake-N is so new, it does require a very recent kernel to get proper video and power management support. Therefore, I'd probably have to use Libreelec's nightly builds. Once the next stable release of Libreelec is out, is there an upgrade path from a nightly build to the stable release that preserves my media?