Posts by stevie101

Martin seems to be MIA at the moment so the best I can suggest is self-building using my AMLMX branch but with the Linux package update to use his latest kernel source (Linux 6.3 IIRC) to see if anything changed.

I did already, cross compiled his version of 6.3 with the config from your kernel version 6.2 and modified your image file with kernel 6.3. It does boot, but the issue is the same. I also believe the frequency issue is not the root cause. I adjusted the dtbs file to use a fixed frequency and ignore the opp table - the error message is gone but still the same issue with kodi.

Next I have tried Armbian with kernel 5.14 to get a bit more control. Xorg refuses to start since no permission to /dev/dri/dri0. Probably something with the driver itself. So it seems there is no access to the Mali 450 device. Strange that it works on S805, I didn't expect it be so much different than the S802.

Br,

chewitt

I have tried your image (LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img) on my old probox x2 (S802) since Kodi 18.9 is getting more and more outdated, unfortunately.

Following status:

it does boot with meson8-tronsmart-s82.dtb. boot screen logo was yellow or green but I guess this is not relevant for now. Kodi is permanently restarting:

So I have stopped it at boot via autostart.sh.

I believe the root is cause is an issue with the drm kernel driver not being able to set the frequency:

Perhaps something wrong within the dtbs, not sure.

Other than that, lan is working, bluetooth might be - quite amazing to see kernel 6.2.0-rc1 booting on this old device.

br,