Posts by PDX_Mark

One small but important correction to the OP

the correct path to the autostart file is

/storage/.config/autostart.sh

not

/storage/.kodi/autostart.sh as indicated in OP

There are also some other issues that may occur at startup and I have seen them in LE11.x and current version of this script as of this writing.

1) That issue is that the IPTV Client may try to access the playlist at http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u8 before the "FrndlyTV for Channels" web server script is actually ready

2) There is no #EXTM3U header at the beginning of the file at http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u8

So on the Libreelec box with the aforementioned script running via ssh we can download the playlist using wget into the .kodi directory thereby creating a static version of this file as it does not change anyway, unless the IP of the machine changes. I therefore recommend a fixed IP address.

Code
    cd /storage/.kodi
    wget http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u8
    nano playlist.m3u8

#EXTM3U

at the very top of the file if the file does not start with

Code
    #EXTM3U

add if at the beginning of the file you see

Code
    x-tvg-url="xxx","yyy","zzz"

where xxx , yyy and zzz are Guide URLs.

you may (or may not) have to remove these entries as well. I do believe they will work with IPTV merge and the guides will be picked up but they may get in the way of other software

Lastly IPTV Simple Client needs to get pointed to the local playlist file

Code
    /storage/.kodi/playlist.m3u8

I have a LEE 11.x X86_64 install that I have been trying to do one thing with but I am running into some bumps in the road.

I have a CF Card reader plugged into a USB port. The CF card is inserted and automatically shared using standard USB sharing in LE . Later if the card is removed, and replaced the share is no longer available to the iPad (or android device) used for viewing or to any Windows computer. It seems the share fails, not the mount. It is worth noting that these CF Cards are all formatted by a Canon Camera and share a common Volume label "CANON_DC", which LE used to mount and share by.

This system is not here with me and I do not get a lot of time to play with it. so I am asking in general what should happen in the scenario below.

So my goal was to set a manual mount point and fixed share. If I do this I can not disable Auto sharing of USB disks altogether, as I need that for other disks. Will this disk volume be ignored at automount if already manually mounted? Will it get mounted twice or cause an error?

If I do this I would see the following happening When CF card is mounted I see the card. When the CF Card is not mounted I see the faux directory structure at the mount point (this is to ensure the desired path to "DCIM" does not cause an error on iPad).

The only goal is to have a consistent network path from the iPad (or android device) to the CF Reader when a Card with label "Canon_DC" is inserted. If not then I should see mount point or directory structure at mount point.

I upgraded systems to LE 11.x Kodi 20.X but now I have a feature that is missing. When I upgraded the system the setting carried over from 19.x to 20.x but now the dis[play has been replaced and I am no longer able to adjust Video Calibration in settings. This is where you set the corners of the screen and make sure the square is square. These settings have been unavailable in ALL versions of LE 11 / Kodi 20.x but always worked before.

The up/down arrow keys are non-functional, and displayed coordinates ate simply MISSING.

After swapping out that old Plasma TV I was finally able to delete guisettings.xml but then had to reset all settings again. After deleting that file, by default the square was now square on newer TV and corners were edge to edge.

I believe this may be a BUG???