Posts by mune

I received a T95H (a Chinese Android TV box [Cortex-A53, 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM]).

I have just installed LibreELEC on my Raspberry 3.

I saw there is an unofficial version of LE for the all-winner (same CPU I think). Is it worth keep struggling? Or I do it better if I leave it on a shelf and i keep going with the Raspberry?

For what I can foreseen, if all would be OK (CEC & ...) I would gain a RP.

(Ah I gave it a quick try but I used the Linux ```dd and not the Phoenix SD burner)

Thanks for your opinions.

I did something more easily :)

As the last week my Raspberry stopped to use CEC - suddenly (TV on / RPi on) - I installed LE other the existing OSMC.

I reinstalled it again and set the new media source in the correct language: the easiest way :D Thank you, it will be useful for others.

PS & OT

By the way, I have just received a T95H (a Chinese Android TV box [Cortex-A53, 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM]).

As in moodnecessity of installing, I found that there no official LE distro; but there is a non-official one for the all-winner (same CPU). Is it worth keep struggling? Thanks for the opinion.

I have a NAS with two NFS folders: one for the movies and one for the series.

In the source for the file I set the NAS IP and the appropriate subdirs.

I create the library for the movies and all was ok.

Then I created the one for the series and for mistake I did that library invalid (probably language or on a folder); anyway I needed to recreate this one.

I tried to remove the library with the "delete" kay.

I looked in the forum and I found the suggestion to remove the file .kodi/userdata/[...]/MyMovie[XX].db, so I did; this removed all the libraries; when I tried to readd them -with two slite different names- it did a very initial scanning and it said the content was already in library and it ended to less content choice in home (of course the file are somewhere openable).

The question is how to proper recreated the libraries, thank.

Hi all

I found an old (6/7 years) TV-stick in the basement (Intel Atom CPU). I decide to use it.

Originally it has windows 10.

I installed Kodi on it but it wasn't possible to activate the kiosk mode so the user has to wait for windows to boot up and then had to start kodi with the mouse.

That meant you had to have a keyboard/mouse laying around in the living room.

Instead, thank to the CEC protocol in the HDMI standard, if kodi starts on boot the user can interact with kodi with the TV remote control.

For this I decided to use LibreELEC.

I installed the image LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.3.img, everything was fine but the wifi.

I used a dongle USB-ethernet (my TV-stick doesn't have an eth port); via ssh with the command ifconfig is it possible to see that the wlan is recognized by the kernel:

Indeed in the LE graphic mode the wireless card was detected but trying to connect LE always said that the key was incorrect.

To make it sure I made the key simple "1qaz2WSX" in the router. Also I tried to connect to my cellular phone with its tethering.

I downgraded to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.6.img but the wifi was still not connecting then

I upgraded to the nightly-build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0-nightly-20230819-8e18456.img: same

The wifi device is low detected so I image there should be a way to make it work: but how?

Any suggestion?

Thank