Posts by REXus

The one difference I think can see between my config and yours is that I have "adjust refresh" enabled and the mode whitelist configured for 1080p @ 60/59.94/50/24/23.976 modes and rate doubling (30/29.97/25 are deliberately omitted so interlaced media works). Your AVR is offering the same so perhaps try that.

Everything is worth checking, but... no, it doesn't work.

Differences are at "dataFormats" section. Missing data formats on LE:

In both cases used format is AE_FMT_S16NE, present on both platforms. What about frames, which is diffrent? Is there a way to change them?

Downgrade makes no difference - on LE 11.0.1 output is always stereo, PT not working.

Here is OSMC log running on Rasbperry Pi 3 - everything is working as expected. The only difference I can see is:

Code
    2023-08-19 14:49:52.950 T:670     debug <general>:   Frames        : 2400

... indead of 2432 in Odroid C2. Any way to change it? Or problem is somewhere else?

shows two RAW channels are opened for playback (which is correct for PT mode) and the sink is opened.

Well, I guess that Odroid send something to AVR, AVR don't undersand it and indicates no digital data (making "crack" noise at the beginning).

If Kodi is configured for PCM (no PT) output you need to set the speaker config so we can decode and re-encode 5.1 for a 5.1 layout, or perhaps decode and downmix 5.1 to 2.0 or 2.1.

Whatever I set here, I get stereo output.

Do you have another microSD for LE on RPi? Then we could compare both logs.

I can connect Raspberry Pi with OSMC that worked here and create debug log from Kodi. Maybe it will be helpful. But... tomorrow, definitely.

I recently had a similar issue with passthrough on RPi3B+. So if your AVR is old, then the issue could be a high sampling rate.

Worked fine on OSMC installed in Raspberry Pi with same files. So AVR should not be a problem (it supports up to 96 kHz and 24-bit).

If you want multi-channel PCM output (PT disabled) you'll need to set the speaker layout in Kodi to 5.1 or 7.1 etc. else it will be 2.0 (default).

Maybe this would be a tip: this setting does nothing (whatever I set, output is stereo). More: on Odroid I have two outputs (well, three, but one is bluetooth) - HDMI and analog. Whatever I set, I get sound via HDMI.

Hi! I'm new here, and I've just installed LibreELEC on my old Odroid C2.

Everything works fine except for sound passthrough. While this feautre is disabled, sound works, but only in stereo. If I enable it, at the beginning of every video I hear "crack", and then, if sound is in format accepted by my sound system (selected in Kodi options) there is silence and sound system indicates no digital data, else - if sound has to be converted to other format - sound comes in stereo.

Sound system configuration is fine, because it worked well with Raspberry Pi + OSMC (well, there were another things that not worked).

Any ideas?