Posts by hectobar

Thanks for our help !

Finally, I asked Windows to reinit all its network configurations and 'ô miracle' I can see again my SMB shares on my PC.

Without understanding, I summarize: :/

0/ I have a Kodi configuration OK, SMB shares on my LAN OK. LAN access to Chorus or Emby interfaces OK. Ports 8080 or 8096 not exported to the public.

1/ I configure the redirection of ports to export them and allow a distant access. Distant access doesn't work.

2/ I disactivate SMB on Kodi and distant access start to work (at this step, I no longer see kodi SMB shares on my PC, which is normal).

3/ I reactivate SMB on Kodi and distant access is still OK but I still can't see kodi SMB shares on m PC.

4/ I reiniatilize Network configs on m PC and all is OK.

What I have to do now before going forward, is to secure the exported communication by adding certificates to Kodi (self-signed or using letsencrypt) as vaughng suggested, or by a VPN. My box also proposes a PPTP VPN which could work with tinc but I don't know yet how to configure them.

No, I use Kodi setting parameters

Kodi allows in the service control panel to disactivate or reactivate SMB.

On my Raspberry Kodi:

System->Libreelec->Services->Samba->Activate (yes/no).

Note: I checked and Libreelec does not propose any WireGuard addon. However, when I browse the rasp file system (with my android smartphone "My Files") , I can find a file Configfiles\wireguard\wireguard.config.sample.

Is it usefull or it is simply a file left but dedicated for other OS targets ?

Hello,

I use kodi on Raspberry Pi 4 for my music.

I have it on my LAN with SMB activated and all is OK, I can share the HDD with my PC and control it by the web interface on the LAN (Chorus, Emby).

Recently i attempted to configure my box to set a distant access, by using Emby or Chorus.

I never managed to get distant acces until I disactivate SMB on kodi.

Is anyone has an idea ?

Thanks,