Posts by vaughng

I haven't had any luck after disabling CEC. The crashes occur not only when idle but also during YouTube and Karaoke (pocketcdg) playback. Seemingly random crashes. Will probably end up replacing the device eventually but until then I shall attempt to figure out what's happening - will probably run stock LE11 for a while and see what information I can gather. Currently using the device on a TV we don't use very often. Ended up installing Kodi on a Debian machine (used as a Desktop PC as well) for the TV that I used to use the TX6 on.

I've read through some of the forum posts but the information i found is somewhat outdated. I currently have a Tanix TX6 but it crashes when idle (seemingly no fix possible) and I'm looking to replace it. I am highly budget restricted (think $80 max).

I've found some used Celeron J3455 Mini PCs for $50 each and was wondering if they would still be okay for native playback from my library (low bitrate 4K and 1080p h264/h265 on an NFS share) and Netflix/YouTube? I don't need anything fancy like HDR. All my media plays perfectly on the TX6 and RPi4.

Thanks.

Sounds like the partition table is messed up. This is happens sometimes when flashing images to a drive (i.e creating a fedora installer). You should load it up in GParted and create a new ms-dos partition table, then format the partition as NTFS if you want to store files larger than 4GB or FAT32/exFAT if you don't. FAT32 is the default for most USB drives.

Bad news... There is nothing useful in the logs. I had set up a push notification for when the logs change and never got one. Unless I'm missing something and am not getting all logs? Here is what I got, it ends at:

Code
    [  OK  ] Reached target kodi.target.

and I got nothing new when the device crashed.

EDIT: Added loglevel=8 to extlinux.conf and I think i might be getting debug logging now? Last line is different on boot, so something changed.

I've been having the same issue with my Tanix TX6. I've ordered a USB to UART adapter for this exact purpose, still waiting on delivery. The logs on the device come back clean, so we're going to have to see what we can on UART. Not sure if it's the same issue, but if your logs are clean then you'll probably have to look into using UART as well.

It seems to have either been the piracy addon or the power outages. I suspect it may have been the power outages as since I've re-imaged the boot device I have been shutting down the machine before the outage hits and haven't had any issues yet.

Don't mark as resolved just yet, I will update here after a week or so to let you guys know if the issue starts again (I have not completely set up the device as it was prior due to my media server having gone in for motherboard repairs, fingers crossed it's not a configuration causing the crash) but so far so good! I appreciate the assistance <3

I thought as much. Couldn't find anything wrong myself and thought I was going mad. Will start with a fresh install and if that doesn't work I'll move on to solder UART pins. jernej could you point me towards any resources that could guide me regarding where to solder etc.? I've never used UART before but am willing to learn.

Side note - we have regular power outages where I am from and I have LE installed on a micro SD. Could this cause the issue? I'm thinking corruption of some sort. I was trying to avoid installing to the EMMC until I know it's stable for use on this device but I think I may have found a copy of the original firmware. Should I try installing to EMMC?

Unfortunately not, that is the entire log...

Code
    # wc -l /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log
    937 /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log

The device was on for about 3 minutes before it became unresponsive for that log specifically. It usually takes much longer.