Posts by fraschizzato

Well, the manufacturer saved a lot of space, the PCB is quite small compared to the size of the box.

Yes, looking at the cut point I suppose they get 2 board from a single pcb. The box could have been really smaller with a different pcb approach. I think that's behind the marketing idea: bigger is better...

Please try this snapshot image:

Index of /snapshots/20230512_rtl8723as_9b693a0/

Bluetooth probably won't work, but wifi should hopefully start with this driver.

Changes:

Thanks, it is AS and not BS. I have misunderstood vid and pid, now I've checked the chip by removing the heat sink. Wifi it's not working, switched to Lan use.

Note: Testing the provided image I've found that Kodi starts in safe mode, reverted to previous 9.2.8.8

In spare time I will try to find some info on the AS version.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have an MXQ PRO 4K 5G, it has S805.

Just found that wifi is not working, the wifi chip is an RTL-8723BS, (024c:8723), tried modprobe on r8723bs but getting
    modprobe: FATAL: Module r8723bs not found in directory /lib/modules/3.10.108

any clue about that?

reading the posts i've seen that similiar issues were not reported on previous version but i've tested from 9.2.8 to 9.2.8.8

USB, LAN and other things seems to work fine.

Thanks