Posts by DxPedro

Item 1 "git grep estouchy" should help you find the places you need to edit to prevent it being bundled. Items 2/3/4 are addressed via advancedsettings.xml configuration (more git grep will help that).

Thanks for the info. Will give it a go this week and see how it goes. I thought just by deleting estouchy from the kodi folder, would solve that.

Item 5 you can add packages to the image if they are LE add-ons. If they are third party add-ons it can be done, but we intentionally avoid providing instructions as there are people out there keen to bundle pirate add-ons and repos and that shitware is bad for our name.

Totally agree. Was thinking more in terms of Kodi official addons, like weather and PVR provider, Arte, some other official ones, out of the box. if that won't brake compiling. On what moment do I add the packages? on the Kodi Folder? before or after compiling ? :/

Item 6 is solved by adding "UBOOT_SYSTEM=box" to the build command.

Something like this, I assume

Code
    PROJECT=Amlogic ARCH=arm DEVICE=AMLGX "UBOOT_SYSTEM=box" make image

Will try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help, Master C. Will keep updating. :)

Cheers.

Hello everyone.

I've recently compiled LibreELEC following these instructions, to work with my Beelink Minix MX III with the 905 (no letter) SoC (i know there are official versions, but i decided to tinker) And it works! <3 <3 it actually brought my box to life after being happily using CE for the past 2 years with Kodi 18. Kodi 20.1 (LibreElec) just flies even using slow testing sd card. Its missing a working remote and Bluetooth. (but thats for another time)

Now the thing is, i kinda want to customize my Install/compilation, before i actually flash it to definitive sd card, so I was wondering where can I tinker, to get it more to where I want to for:

1. Deleting Estouchy Skin out of the box;
    2. Have Expert mode enabled by default out of the box;
    3. Change Wallpaper (maybe);
    4. Disable GUI sounds out of the box;
    5. Have a few more addons included out of the box;
    6. To actually just build for my Amlogic BOX (GXBB) vs building a bunch of other images, i.e. for bananpi (doesnt bother me uch, but if it speeds compilation, its better for me.

These are a few things (i know i have a few more but brain is mush :sleeping: ) I want to try and kinda make it my own LE.

On updating the build

When the might good folk of LE updates the LE Github, how do we proceed?

1. update sources/repo »
    2. here lies my difficulties

Thanks in advance, and terribly sorry if this was posted in the wrong section.