Posts by Mickeyluv

I've now got the SSD working again. It was previously NTFS formatted which worked perfectly before, but I reformatted to Ext4 on my Ubuntu machine and when I plugged it into the RPi it mounted it right away. Does 11.x no longer support NTFS?

I still need my memory sticks to work across platforms, though.

Also, my memory sticks that previously worked fine are no longer accessible, but again, when removed I get the message saying the device is removed. I noticed occasionally I get the message 'Remote Share - couldn't connect to network server' after the 'invalid argument' message, but not every time.

I just updated my RPi 4 to the latest Kodi Nexus and Libreelec 11.03. My SSD drive plugged into the USB port was working fine immediately beforehand, but now when I try to connect I get 'Invalid Argument'. If I unplug it the system says it's removed, so the hardware is detected.

I usually can see the drive remotely from my Ubuntu laptop, but the drive no longer shows there either. I can plug it into the laptop and it works perfectly, so no problem with the drive.

Can anyone assist?

I'm showing a warning in the OVPN log;

WARNING: file '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/UserDefined/pass.txt' is group or others accessible

When I look in the folder, that file isn't shown. What is the consequence of the warning, and what do I need to do to fix this?

I'm getting a permission error 13 when running /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/UserDefined/up.sh (from Zomboided OVPN)

i connected using SSH and ran chmod +x /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/UserDefined/up.sh which was successful, but still get the permission error. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the script

#!/bin/bash

iptables -F

iptables -A INPUT -i tun0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i tun0 -j DROP

I'm in the UK and have been using Mullvad with the Zomboided plugin for over two years without problems - until recently. Over the past few weeks the OVPN connection to any USA servers has become unreliable. Connection attempts repeatedly fail (with both UDP and TCP) and once connected can disconnect after a few minutes. Once I do get a stable connection this is maintained without further problems. Ping time is usually 80ms, upload speed 10Mb/s and download 36Mb/s (50Mb/s connection).

If I connect to local UK servers (Manchester and London) there's no problem at all - connection is made on the first attempt every time and is perfectly stable.

The OVPN was previously configured as 'User Defined' and I've now updated OVPN to 7.0.0 and selected Mullvad for the configuration. Kodi version is 19.4, LibreELEC 10.0.03. The log shows the failure as, for example - 'Cannot resolve host address:us-nyc-2006.mullvad.net:443(Name or service not known)'

The same error occurs with Canadian or Ireland connections.

Testing the USA servers with my laptop running Ubuntu and there's no problem.

I emailed Mullvad support and they said that the server addresses need updating they've converted them to RAM storage. I downloaded a single configuration for NYC to try and that gives the same error as before. Oddly, I have not needed to update anything on my Ubuntu machine.

The questions I have are;

1. Is the Mullvad server list imported into OVPN the most up to date?

2. I may be installing an incorrect file into OVPN when using 'User Defined' - on the Mullvad site, which do I need? I've been trying the Linux versions, but I vaguely recall that I may have used Android files when I originally set this up over two years ago.

3. Is there anything else that could cause this problem? My provider does not block or filter VPN connections, so I think it's something local.

EDIT: This morning I couldn't connect to any USA servers no matter how many attempts. I reinstalled the Linux files downloaded today off the Mullvad site and none would connect. Tried again, but this time using the Android files and everything is now working OK.