Posts by lafleur

LE (or me) has never created an image using vendor GPU drivers for Radxa Zero. We switched to mesa/panfrost before support for the Zero was added upstream.

frakkin64 I'm not sure that bug would be found in LE images since we aren't using EFI boot code paths in u-boot? - I can see how it would show up with dekstop distros though.

Too bad. Meanwhile, vpeter mentioned CoreELEC with vendor graphic acceleration on Amlogic SOCs ; perfect H264 rendering experience. I just happen to have this focus on the video details for a current project involving video live projection ; for anything else I'd try LibreELEC with the panfrost driver first, I promise /shrug

Create a USB or SD card from https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE…85.0-box.img.gz the same way as you made any other LE or CE image (Etcher, Win32Diskimager, the LE app, dd on Linux, etc.). Then set the correct dtb name in uEnv.ini.

Hello ! I'm running a Radxa Zero (S905X2 SOC) with the latest LE11 nightly (AMLGX box image).

It works pretty good, H264 hardware decoding is working nicely, although there's always some noise in the first 2 seconds of playback.

I'd like to run the latest LibreELEC image that used the vendor GPU drivers. Reading your post, I found LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.88.0-box.img.gz in your testing space. I booted it with an access to the serial console, and found out that the kernel panics with an external synchronous error (I could post the traceback if needed). I also tried the 10.88.0-radxa-zero version, same error. chewitt would you have a clue ?

Does it make sense to try to do this anyway ?

Or is anyone aware of LE9.x images usable for the Radxa Zero ? They seem to have all disappeared in the end.