Posts by rickyrockrat

I mostly play 4K, H265 encoded movies which IMO is pretty challenging. I have an I5 that can barely keep up, and sometimes does not.

However, I did pull down CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.0-Nexus_rc1-LePotato.img, and to my shock, it booted and managed to finish the 4k movie that locked up with Libreelec. I will stick with this for the time being. I had high hopes of finding a working kernel then running Alpine Linux on it, and while I did succeed in the latter, the former has video issues. I may just pull the CoreELEC boot/kernel out and use that with Alpine, but I'm guessing there are patches for the players too.

Thanks for the response and if I run into issues with core, I will use your advise.

Wouldn't it be nice if *something* worked. The nightly build will not even seek without locking up, and LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0.2 locks up partway through the movie, but it *does* seek. I thought this might be a nice board to run 4k video on, but apparently not. Back to my slowly dying I5 Intel.

Here's the dump from the serial port on the 9.0.2: