Posts by km99

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The initial setup was a little tricky to get my head round, but with your encouragement, I've done some more digging and can now see what's going on.

You are, of course, correct, and I was being distracted, by, among other things, the wizard.

This looks to be a great addon. Thank you all the hard work that went into producing it.

Just to follow up. I have it all working, including the DNS up and down scripts referenced here: https://github.com/Zomboided/service.vpn.manager/issues/282 but using the --up and --down options just in the opvn files that need them rather than in the addon settings.

Works a treat!

Any command entered at the prompt at the bottom of the mc screen goes to the subshell view and locks up. Is this a known problem? Starting with the subshell disabled (mc -u) works as expected, obviously without the subshell.

VPN Mgr will just call openvpn with the ovpn files you pass it. If you use the wizard, it'll make some minor modifications to accept the password from the Kodi GUI environment. You control everything else in those files, and indeed can see in the log what was used to start openvpn.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The initial setup was a little tricky to get my head round, but with your encouragement, I've done some more digging and can now see what's going on.

You are, of course, correct, and I was being distracted, by, among other things, the wizard.

This looks to be a great addon. Thank you all the hard work that went into producing it.

Hi,

I'd like to set up VPN to my private server, and also have connections available to Witopia.

I have the private server working as it should, using User Defined connections.

I thought that if I added more User Defined ovpn config files with suitable Witopia server settings, that would suffice, but nothing I do stops the standard Witopia template.txt settings being applied. My Witopia ovpn settings are being ignored, save for the remote server lines.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?