Posts by DrStein99

I was unable to make it work with my default audio on RPi3B+, but maybe you're lucky with your external DAC.

Here is the GitHub page for documentation and useful links: Kodi PulseEqualizer GUI Addon

There are problems with the repository, I had to change the .XML in order for that to install. I believe the code structure was possibly out of date.

After I got to install, it does not work on my system. I began to debug, and got caught up in this libreleec bash prompt does not have any linux commands I am used to, simply apt-get and sudo commands are not there, so I am lost without a standard command set.

I have a 6 channel external USB audio device (5.1?), which is a generic no-name brand, with SPDiF in/out, front, rear, center/bass out with a line & mic-in. It works without trouble or any extra needed driver on both Raspberry PI 3b and Intel i5 systems I tested. I do not use the SPDif, it simply works when I patch in the 3.5mm front, rear, center jacks into my amplified speakers.

The device will identify "ICUSBAUDIO7D" with aplay -l:

Code
    card 2: ICUSBAUDIO7D [ICUSBAUDIO7D], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I am looking to tune the output of the channels, equalize settings on front, rear, and center/bass, with volume fader controls. This would optimize my sound in the room with the placement of the speakers.

I have not found anything obvious exploring the whole application, and probably exhausted my efforts reading the online documents so far. I thought about buying a hardware equalizer, but figured this is a computer media system, and the tuning controls should just be in the menu somewhere, even if I had to ssh into a terminal at first to get it working, if it doesn't already exist.

Is there an add-on or other Linux function utility I can update/patch in, to control frequency output on all of those 5.1 (or 6) channels? Or if it is a function of Kodi / Librelelec, does anyone know where that is, please?