Posts by FurmanSK

I'm on 20221130104423-e014594 (LE 11 nightly) unofficial build for my board and am having trouble getting the WiFi dongle to work. If I use the Ubuntu image you can get for the board (22.04) it works and is recognized. I've thought this was a Linux kernel module missing thing but since Ubuntu's kernel in their image is 6.0.11 and the one in the build of LE I'm using is 6.0.10, I would assume they are very similar.

I've been messing around with trying to figure out the chipset of said device which is shown below.

Code: lsusb.txt
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 07d1:3303 D-Link System DWA-131 802.11n Wireless N Nano Adapter(rev.A1) [Realtek RTL8192SU]
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 002: ID 099a:7202 Zippy Technology Corp. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 13fe:4100 Kingston Technology Company Inc. Flash drive
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

It's RTL8192SU. Well the driver used in Ubuntu is r8712u which I've read on a little and that is ok as it supports this device. I ran dmesg and that's how I figured out its using that driver in the build I'm using. I also tried grabbing the firmware.bin file which was this on Ubuntu and loading per the guide on the wiki under /storage/.cache/firmware/. Not sure this was necessary as I am not as experienced with dealing with Linux kernel modules and firmware This is necessary to get it to be recognized on reboot for this build.

Even with doing this, the dongle isn't fully recognized in Kodi, so I rebooted into textmode. Still sees it but doesn't turn on to use. I ran ip a command and showed wlan0 device but if I ran ifconfig it wouldn't show it. It wasn't until I ran ifconfig wlan0 up it finally shows up with ifconfig. Also when I did this, the dongle started blinking like it did on Ubuntu so I figured something was working or getting closer to working.

But with it blinking, I still can't use it. Tried connmanctl to search for the device but didn't work. I'm not familiar with that tool either and therefore not sure how to force it to search for the device or enable it. This is where I'm at right now and I'm not sure where to go. I tried connmactl  then ran agent on and scan wifi which gave an error of

/net/connman/technology/wifi: Method "Scan" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist

I've tried other things to no avail, but with a stripped down Linux that I'm not 100% used to versus a debian based system it's proving more difficult. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. I know I read on here that enabling modules is fairly easy but couldn't find anything on here or the wiki or even just google searching.

Attached dmesg.txt for reference.

EDIT: I have tried LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0-nightly-20221207-cfd7db5-roc-cc.img.gz and

LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0-nightly-20221201-732acb2-roc-cc.img.gz with no luck. Even if I load the firmware in through the method described above and from the wiki, it won't even load. At least with the other unofficial build I get to where it loads it but still can't use it.

Hey all,

Just got a Libre Renegade and specs are impressive but when I got the latest image build, not a nightly, I fired it up and first thing I noticed was my old wifi dongle wouldn't work but does show up on Ubuntu image for this board. Not sure but still tinkering with that. Its an RTL8192SU which after digging I didn't see any firmware 100% related to this chip. Not the main question though.

My main issue I noticed last night was when I tried to use the USB 3.0 port to access a flash drive that is also USB3.0. Nothing showed up. Ran some dmesg to check and all I see is USB 2.0 hubs and 1.1 hub for some reason, but no 3.0 hub or device. I'll try to get a pastebin of it to load on here. Also lsusb only shows those as well and no 3.0 device that I can tell. Is there a way I can verify or check if my board has a bad plug/device before contacting them for support?

EDIT: So with an ubuntu image I am able to access a flash drive on the USB 3.0 port. I did do a dist-upgrade like the guide says to on Libre Computers site. Going to try out another unofficial image for this board and see what happens. Again, will try to get dmesg on pastebin if I have issues. Wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with it or not.

Also, what image is everyone use for this specific board? The unofficial one? Or the one linked by the LibreELEC site?

EDIT2: With the unofficial image (20221130104423) for rk3328-cc was able to get the USB3.0 working but still the wifi card isn't, yeah wasn't main topic of question and I am figuring I'll have to install/compile the firmware for it to work. Any recommendations on that?

Thanks,

FurmanSK