Posts by ykaj

a little more patience. I have received other boxes and have noticed some problems that I'm trying to resolve. The driver will be there in the next build but I can't test it. In the meantime, can you check that your USB stick is not also seen as an optical support to install the drivers?!?! Because in that case the mode switch must be done, like here https://github.com/ilmich/LibreEL…odeswitch.rules, but I would need the vendorid and deviceid

Hi, Michele, sorry for taking too long to respond.

Lately I've been really busy, so I don't know when exactly I can check what you asked, but I'm doing it as soon as I have some spare time to plug everything and get my mxq some cabled network in order to run shell commands via ssh (for now, no network access because wifi doesn't work :S ).

Anyways, all of your further work is appreciated and I am glad to help in whatever way I can.

Best regards!

ilmich ,

thanks for your reply!
    I'm not in a hurry, as tinkering with my mxqpro is just a once-in-a-while hobby, so I can wait until you have time and energy to merge the required driver into the next build. Also, the driver being merged into the official kernel will solve my problem for good.

I'm patiently waiting for the next build.

Best regards!

Hi, Michele

first of all, thanks for all the amazing work you've been doing to keep our old rk322x boxes alive!

I have successfully installed your latest build into emmc, and it runs without hassle in my MXQPro4K box. However, it cannot detect neither my internal (ssv6x5x) wifi chip or external (rtl8188ftv), so I can't connect to wifi :(

When I ran armbian with mainline kernel (the same version your LE build is using), I could use my external adapter normally to connect to wifi. What am I missing? Is there anything I could do to activate my external wifi dongle and make it permanently usable? Perhaps try to compile myself the proper module? Or could you try to include this (I've read elsewhere that rtl8188ftv works with rtl8188fu module) in a future build?

Keep in mind I am not demanding anything and feel grateful for your work. But it can't hurt to check whether we could work something around this for now ;)

Cheers!