Posts by watchstuffxd

I've installed libreelec to my pc thats using a 500gb hard drive, gtx 1070 and a ryzen 5, but sometimes when libreelec boots up, the internet connection state is stuck on ready. Im using a wired ethernet connection and if i wait a couple minutes usually the state changes from ready, to online. I have 'wait for network before startimg kodi enabled' and i have the maximum wait time to 300. Sometimes though it is online as soon as i boot in, its like it keeps changing everytime i boot up. Is there anyway to make libreelec boot up faster as well? Thanks in advance.

I found this thread looking for a way to dual boot Windows 10 and Libreelec. My Libreelec was installed on an 32Gb SD card on a SATA adapter. I had an unused SSD so I wanted to move my Libreelec onto that, but I also wanted the option of Windows 10. I wanted to use the Windows Boot manager as I only know how to edit the BCD. Besides using the Linus bootloader would only cause me trouble every time Windows 10 updates. This also means the disk would have to be MBR/BIOS which is limited to 4 primary partitions. Libreelec needs two partitions, System and Storage, and Windows wants 3, System, Windows, and Recovery. I see a fight coming.

I tried installing Libreelec first as per Kamal and Windows refused to install " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation". I tried a Windows 7 install and I got the same result. Then I tried it as per Kurai, installing Libreelec, moving it to the end of the disc and then installing Windows. I still got the same result. ;( It appears that Windows 10 will not tolerate the presence of the Linux boot partition.

I then used a GPart live boot disk to delete these partitions and recreate 2 empty ext4 partitions the size of my Libreelec installation at the beginning an empty drive (that way the Libreelec would remain in dev/sda1 and dev/sda2 like my existing Libreelec). Then I installed Windows 10 in the remaining space. Windows 10 will then install in only two partitions combining the System and Recovery as one and the Windows partition as the other. Once in Windows, I installed Mini Partition Wizard Free and EasyBCD. I used the Mini Partition Wizard to copy the Libreelec off of my existing SD card on to their respective ext4 partitions. Then I used EasyBCD to create a boot entry for the Libreelec (use the Linux/Syslinux option). Set which boot option I want to be default and it 's done. Now it a basic Windows 10 installation with an option to boot into Libreelec. I actually have mine set with Libreelec as the default boot.

Im not getting two ext4 partitions on the usb stick im mounting the libreelec imafe to. I get one thats fat16 and one thats ext4. How do I make the fat16 one into ext4?