Posts by jack121

Thanks!

The only reason i asked is my sister spent 2K on a desktop which she never uses, it has been hanging around for a year so she offered it to me for free just to get rid of it. Has asus rog strix z490f gaming motherboard with supreme fx s1220a codec for audio, and hdmi 1.4b

But if you still think an external audio solution is better then i will go with that.

My speaker set up is 2 channel stereo sound.

Most of my media is multi-channel, and i use LE to downmix to stereo. So i am looking for an external usb dac, or motherboard with onboard codec, which has good stereo perfomance.

Is there anything that works well with LE. I am concerned as some external dacs require specalist drivers, or an asio driver, as they are usually designed to work on a windows or mac pc, a driver that LE may not have and may hinder performance.

Have 200 bucks to spend

Thanks!

Hi Thanks for reading.

At the moment i have LE installed on desktop pc that uses the asus h110m motherboard. It is a low end board. Also uses 16GB generic ram and the I7-7700 processor

The audio quality from the alc889 motherboard jacks is fine, Which direction do you think should i move in to get better or audiophile quality sound.

Perhaps buy a new board with the latest codec which is the alc 1220, or move to external usb dac, that is if LE supports external dacs.

Is there any hardware that LE works particularly well with?

What do you think?

Thanks, i'll give that a try.

I've got all my media files on hard drive, and am wanting to create a small partition on the same hard drive to install libre elec.

Can i do that.

The installer states that the hard drive will be wiped, which i don't want. I can get libre elec to wipe just the small partition.

Thanks.

Thanks.

That's question 1 and 2 answered, but what about the volume control steps.

The smallest increments of adjustment is 10, it doesn't go any lower than that. I have it set to 10 but it is still too much.

One turn of the mouse wheel and the sound is too loud, another turn in the other direction and the volume is too low.

I am running the audio into a quad power amp that does not have volume control.

Is it possible to adjust the software to go lower than 10, to give finer adjustments to the audio

Hi Thanks for reading.

1. Is there an audio eq available for libreelec

2. I have an active subwoofer and am wondering if there is a filter available for splitting the bass away from the midrange and treble, so i can feed it to the sub.

3. In the volume control, it is possible to lower or raise the volume using the mouse wheel, but the increments are too big and the volume jumps up and down too much, is it possible to get smaller jumps.

Many thanks

Hi Thanks for reading.

So i've installed libre elec on a pc, but cannot get any audio through my asus stxII soundcard, nor through pass through via hdmi

The soundcard is recognised, but the audio track is greyed out. Everything else is working ok.

Also, is there an audio eq available for open elec.

Many thanks