Posts by RemonK

Thanks HiassoFt, but i gave up on LibreElec. After a few hours of testing and trying to get it to work, i deleted the partition and installed Mint XFCE with Kodi 19.4 and it works great! And.. i can do with MY system what i want! In my opinion LibreElec hyacked my system..maybe good for a Pi, but not on a x86 system.

Thanks for the help so far and good luck with the project!

Ok thanks. Didn't know about the update option. I cloned the git, but building this is relative new to me. I added the CONFIG_SENSORS_NCT6775=m to the linux_x86_64.conf file. Btw what's the difference between m and y?

And how do i add fancontrol to the filesystem?

When downloading the packages i get a lot of these messages:

--2022-07-31 09:29:28-- http://sources.libreelec.tv/mirror/libvdpa…pau-1.4.tar.bz2

Resolving sources.libreelec.tv (sources.libreelec.tv)... 138.68.75.163

Connecting to sources.libreelec.tv (sources.libreelec.tv)|138.68.75.163|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently

Location: https://sources.libreelec.tv/mirror/libvdpa…pau-1.4.tar.bz2 [following]

--2022-07-31 09:29:28-- https://sources.libreelec.tv/mirror/libvdpa…pau-1.4.tar.bz2

Connecting to sources.libreelec.tv (sources.libreelec.tv)|138.68.75.163|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

2022-07-31 09:29:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Yes i would have done that already if the installer didn't suck so much that it deletes the complete drive! I have other distro's running in dual boot on the same drive. And i wasn't planning on doing it all over again! I guess running a light distro with only kodi seems more interesting at the moment...

I found this ~/.config/modules-load.d folder. Can i start a module this way?

Edit:

I made a file called nct6775.config with modulename in it and put it in that folder, but after a reboot nothing. Not even a mentioning in the logs if it could start/find it or not.

Also when i search for the module i can't seem to find it. So i have no clue of the config file did nothing, or it is because of a missing module?

It should be in: /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/5.10.76/kernel/drivers/hwmon i guess

If that's the equivalent for linux /lib/modules/5.13.0-25-generic/kernel/drivers/hwmon

Can i copy the nct6775.ko file to that directory and if so how, because it is read only?

Edit2:

I found /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays so i made the same directory structure and placed the module in there, but that gave me also zero result.

(~/.cache/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/5.10.76/kernel/drivers/hwmon/nct6775.ko)

When i enter modprobe nct6775 on the prompt it says modprobe: FATAL: Module nct6775 not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.76

If i copy it to that folder or any of the sub folders it still nags that it can't find it...

Sensors does output some data.. like coretemp cpu values and i believe acpitz, but not the fans, that's the nct6791 chipset.

But where can i enable that CONFIG_SENSORS setting?

Building a new images sounds nice, but i don't like the installer that wipes the complete disk! So i have to start all over again with the other distro's! I like the way all is running now, only in kodi/LE do i need fancontrol.

I already have installed the extra system tools (what also gave me Midnight Commander, something i tried to install before without success, so kudo's for that!).. I indeed have sensors, but not the sensor-detect tool. So it won't detect/add the nct6791 module. And because of the read only file system mount i can't add it manually. I'm not yet completely familiar with the file structure of this distro and how the overlay works.. can i add my own files somewhere in the /storage mount and will the system see them as system files?

My bios is up to date.

As i said before, on the lowest rpm (it does go lower) it is still too loud for a mediapc in a livingroom! My opinion is that fancontrol is a crusial piece of software for such a system.

I have LibreElec with some dual boots (mint 20 and RetroPie) running on a x86_64 system and i have to say it runs very smooth!

The only thing i miss is some fancontrol. The minimal rpm for my PSU fan in the BIOS is still too loud. The only add-on i could find was speedfan for windows..

Can i install a module like in Linux? (nct6791) And how can i install fancontrol? It seems the system mount is read only.. so i can't manually copy the files i need.

Is there someone who already has this working or maybe can help me with this?