Posts by ebol

I've figured it out. I'll do a quick write up here, as this was not so quite obvious.

There was nothing in the log, like the most common thing with drive being in dirty state. Chkdsk did not reveal any disk errors. The drive just simply would not mount. The problem was with a folder created by LG tv that holds cache like thumbnails, video settings, progress etc. But simply removing this folder was not enough. I had to run chkdsk on it (which still did not found any errors on the drive). Only then the drive started to mount in LE. Weird, right?

So its definitely something with LE build, since I used to swap the drive between TV and PC with no problems before.

Forgot to mention that scanning the drive under Windows did not solve the problem (no issues were found). Also, there seems to be nothing in the log suggesting why the drive cannot mount, only:

LibreELEC kernel: ntfs3: sdb1: failed to replay log file. Can't mount rw!

Full log uploaded HERE

@Reddirt have you managed to solve the problem or found a workaround? I'm facing the same problem since today, as I've updated from LE 11 stable to latest nighltly (using x86 generic) and got the same problem as you:

LibreELEC udevil[710]: mount: mounting /dev/sdb1 on /media/sdb1-usb-Seagate_BUP_Slim failed: Invalid argument

LibreELEC udevil[704]: mount: mounting /dev/sdb1 on /media/sdb1-usb-Seagate_BUP_Slim failed: No such device

I've just realized that I forgot to add the actual log file - log(with debug), playback starts at line 3323. Also, I've noticed one thing. Whenever I'm playing a SDR file, its starts instantly, but with HDR, there is always a slight delay, the screen goes black for a moment before tv switches into HDR mode and then the playback starts. I get the same delay with this file, but the tv in not switching mode.

Hi! I hope you can point me in the right direction. How to begin to diagnose the case, where some files are not switching the tv to HDR mode? In Kodi's interface, they are marked as HDR content. When played directly from the tv, they work as expected. Nothing specific in the log, I've compared a working and non-working file's log. I'm running LE11 stable on a Zotac ZBOX, connected directly via hdmi cable. Kodi resolution is set to 4k, because setting it to 1080p yields with no signal screen on the tv. I got 4k and 1080p modes whitelisted.

Working file:
    Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main 10), yuv420p10le(tv, bt2020nc/bt2020/smpte2084), 2872x2156 [SAR 1:1 DAR 718:539], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)

Non working, colors washed out:
    Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main 10), yuv420p10le(pc, bt2020nc/bt2020/smpte2084), 3840x1610 [SAR 1:1 DAR 384:161], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)

Any ideas?

@tkwou I tried the method you suggested, but still can't get it working. Maybe you'll have some idea on what's wrong...

Booting Windows 10 in legacy mode. Used 2 usb sticks to install LE (one as installer, the other one as target). Copied the partitions from USB to SSD, which created FAT16(System) and Ext4(Storage). Added boot entry using easybcd. Windows boots fine, LE gives "Boot error" message. I've also tried the USB itself, it boots fine when drive is selected from BIOS, but after adding a boot entry for it, it does not boot, with the same error. I would really appreciate any hints on how to solve this.

Solved the problem. I did not notice the simple fact, that copying partitions from USB to SSD made them into logical partitions. Changing them into primary fixed the boot error.

Hello!

I'm also having similar problems with my LG OLED65C8 and 10th gen minipc as some people described. The TV does not switch into HDR mode. I've tried the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220618165047-07254d4 build with no luck, I've also tried LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220627031313-1e2c94b and test_ycbcr444 but those latest ones does not boot on my machine, both giving the same error and freezing:

[ 0.091865] Spectre VZ: WARNING: Unprivileged eBPF is enabled with eIBRS on, data leaks possible via Spectre v2 BHB attacks!

[ 0.549581] fail to initialize ptp_kum

Ok, I've been reading the forums again and noticed that regarding 20220627031313 build

(This build will boot only on Tiger Lake and newer hardware e.g. NUC11).

So that solves my question why does it not boot on my gen 10th hardware. So back to the original question about HDR - does any one previously complaining that their TV does not switch found a working solution\build for them?