Posts by DIY-Enthusiast

Thank you for the encouragement and pushing me in the right direction!

It might be as easy as putting "System.exec" in there. For now i am not getting any further as:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/webinterface.default/js/kodi-webinterface.js

is on a read-only filesystem.

Currently i am trying to find out how LibreELEC is mounting filesystems whatsoever, as fstab is empty.

EDIT: OK, LibreELEC uses udevil, and i have seen that there are conf files and that i could mount manually, but for now i am not able to find out for this file a) on which filesystem it is and b) where that filesystem is mounted from.

EDIT2: Ok, i have found this. Device seems to be read-write mounted, maybe the filesystem is not.

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # udevil info /dev/disk/by-label/STORAGE
    Showing information for /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/mmcblk0p2
      has media:                   1
      is read only:                0
      is mounted:                  1
      mount paths:                 /storage
      label:                       STORAGE

Maybe i there is a way to just mount this a bit differently?

Hey ghtester, thank you for the suggestions.

1. Is about what i would like to do, i would just omit "systemctl stop kodi" of "off.sh". There's just no way i have found to issue a keystroke via Kore nor how to map this behind the buttons in the shutdown menu.

2. Basically has the same caveat as 1. no known way to issue a keystroke via Kore.

I have sifted a bit through the code of Kore and it seems to me that Kore just sends commands to Chorus that are defined in this file, compare:

How I would replace one of those with the execution of a script that does something like

kodi-send --action="PlayerControl(Stop)";echo "standby 0" | cec-client -s -d 1"

i don't know.

Cheers guys, thank you for the suggestions.

As everything else is working fine and all the necessary technological foundations have been shown to practically work well, i would like to not tinker around with extra cables and IR remotes.

If you could e.g. point me to the conf-files that map the powermodes to the executed commands on power switches that might allow me to fix this myself. Sadly i couldn't find that info myself.

Cheers,

first timer here, have recently installed LibreELEC/KODI on my RPi4 and am having a good time, though sometimes I stumble over stuff I just don't know (like adjusting Kodis volume via my phones volume buttons).

My question is the following: How do i shut down my TV via the Kore app without shutting down my Kodi/LibreELEC/RPi4?

Why this matters: Currently the only ways to shutdown my TV via LibreELEC are

- a) by issuing a CEC command on CLI, quite inconvenient.

- b) by shutting down LibreElec/Kodi/RPi. This is not acceptable in my use case, as i am not able to Wake-On-LAN my RPi4. (Kore tries it, but to no avail as the RPi4 is only connected via WiFi)

Also: This installation of LibreELEC only seems to allow the power mode switches "Shutdown" and "Restart" (and some very esoteric stuff). Even in "Expert" mode I am not allowed to change the "Shutdown function" in the configuration "System".

Any tips on how I could achieve a "Shutdown TV only" power mode or a similar solution?

P.S.: Also open to hints how to get Wake-on-Wifi working with LibreELEC. AFAIK that's just not possible with my firmware.