Posts by ADKM

Thanks Joe, but not much in that link ties in with what I have, in fact it's very different. I don't want to alter anything, just understand what I've got works.

Is what I have a script they you say you don't need, but obviously my setup does need it.

First question

Is what shows in Msg#7 all that's needed - or is there something else to be aware of ?

What is -t cifs ?

Assuming I can get nano working and experiment adding something, is that likely to break anything?

I'm getting somewhere - LOL yes I know to read Joe, but very aware I might stuff things up so helps to get a reply rather than trust something I may misinterpret. I don't really want to learn Linux, only enough to understand how the Pi is setup.

I have entered cat mountshares.sh (a file referred to in my brief notes and that shows after entering ls, after login via Putty)

It shows 4 lines of instructions 3 that representing a name/folder on the Pi screen.

sleep 10s

mount -t cifs //sue-pc/Movies -o user=sue ~/mnt/Movies

mount -t cifs //win10-pc/Movies2\ \(L\) -o user=alex ~/mnt/Movies2

mount -t cifs //win10-pc/Television - o user=alex ~mnt/Television

Does that make any sort of sense ? Is there likely to be something else involved?

If i add another line the same - but pointing to another folder, would that appear on the pi ?

From what diederik says nano is an editor, but I don't want to try anything until sure it's correct.

Thanks for the info and links. Your command worked and shows 3 names which are our destinations via "File" on the Pi screen.

From memory there was some issue at setup and things were done 'differently". Possibly a script of some kind was needed, but impossible to say for sure.

After reading the links I've been able to change directories and see various files including mountshares.sh and startup.log. I've not found any autostart.sh.

Are these text files. Is there a way to view them ?

I have a Rasp Pi 3 B+ running LibreELEC. Although using this for a long time I did not set it up and have only a few notes on what was done. Our usage is mainly streaming content from a Windows PC to the Pi then to a Sony Bravia TV.

I would like to add a new HDD to the system. My notes say folders are mounted to /storage/mnt via ~/.config/autostart.sh > ~/mountshares.sh

And Home(~) folder = \Storage.

Does this make sense? It's not clear to me. I know we connect via Putty and I have a user/pass and can see the KODI: # prompt.

I was hoping to see some files (maybe those named above) but all commands tried just result in -sh ?: not found or Permission denied

If anyone can give me a hand to get familiar with all this, it'd be much appreciated.