Posts by Reguna

Also, according to Google, the PiPO X7 has a very low power Atom CPU from 2014 (Atom Z3736F) - probably very inadequate for 4K decoding from h.264 format, and a lot of 4K content uses h.265 which would need some hardware acceleration in the CPU (not present in this old Atom). I would also recommend a much newer device if you are serious about playing 4k content.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…o-2-16-ghz.html

Direct streaming requires CPU power too? Sorry I am new to this

(My 4k UHD movies are mostly h.264)

Hi,

I have a mini PC (PiPO X7) that is running LibreELEC.

Unfortunately this box does not have 4K UHD support. (No 4k UHD options in whitelist and LibreELEC display resolution, maximum resolution is 1080p)

I found some USB to HDMI adapters in Amazon, some of them claiming to support 4K UHD.

Anyone used these adapters before? Do they work with LibreELEC?

Or should I buy a new device instead?

Edit: I just noticed the cheap adapters are all USB-C to HDMI.

My box does not have USB-C port, bummer.

There are adapters support USB to HDMI, but they are very expensive (like this one in Amazon), might even cost more than a brand new SBC.

Maybe I can use a USB to USB-C adapter combined with USB-C to HDMI adapter. But it feels like a very bad idea.

Hi,

My LibreELEC box has a built in 2.4Ghz wifi and a external usb 5Ghz wifi (COMFAST CF-WU785AC USB WiFi adapter).

I followed this guide on github and performed usb mode switch (It worked and wlan1 showed up).

However I cannot set it to run automatically because both /usr/lib/udev/rules.d and /usr/share are read only.

How do I proceed?

Also, is there a way to give priority to wlan1 (or set it as the default interface)? I want to use wlan1 when it is available.

(or I can disable wlan0, but this is less preferred)