Posts by petediscrete

Lucky I read your latest post before I set up a fresh install of LE. Unfortunately I can’t be of much help to you testing your addon as I’m strictly DVBS. I think you may be limiting your addon if you decide to go DVBT only. Certainly in the European region which has quite a large catchment. Maybe you can reconsider that decision.

I’ll be back soon at my setup as soon as an unexpected arrival of relatives depart 😂

In the meantime if I was you I’d stick with the emphasis on LE for your Wizard addon. Best not to introduce confusion by introducing CE into the equation for obvious reasons. Primarily it’s a Kodi addon. Have you introduced it to the Kodi community yet.

Check your mux list for duplicate muxes. Chances are if you used that woefully outdated predefined mux table and used the scan setting “new and changed muxes” the scan results will yield duplicate muxes. You can of course skip using the predefined mux table, manually enter the mux details of one known active mux and the remaining active muxes should appear.

Why you’re using a 128gb SD card to install LE on for the RPI4 is beyond me. Besides the reported problems from users here with 128gb sd cards running LE, you’re just going to end up hammering it with all those read/write requests.

Surely a large capacity bootable SSD attached to the RPI4 would be the solution if you feel you need large storage capacity attached directly to the RPI4.

Methinks you’re cloning around there a little too much 😂

I know. I will likely bite the bullet and switch over to ext4 for my mass storage. We never had an issue until around the LE 11.0.2 release. They have hinted it's was a kernel change upstream that is the likely cause. I rarely need Windows to access my collection so ext4 here I come. Now the task is to convert without losing anything.

It’s never a good idea to bring Windows to a Linux party. It never seems to end well 😂

I see the Confluence update was pushed today with the nice new Favorites change. Now you can select thumbnails for Favorites entries and for the sight challenged (like me) makes it really cool!

There you go. I knew it was imminent but on the plus side look what you’ve learnt in the meantime. A win/win for you.

I doubt any of the options you’ve used so far run under LE. If my option did I’d have mentioned it.

I’ve given you options to both shrink and clone your SD card. What you do with them is entirely your own affair.

The image shrinking would probably take all the heartache out of the process cloning. My preferred option would be to do a backup, fresh install and restore in the event of disaster.

Everything you need to know about those two utilities is contained in the respective GitHubs plus a search should throw up user’s experiences with them.

Firstly you asked for a cloning solution for your LE install. That’s what I supplied. Obviously the backup/restore solution would make a lot more sense.

My solution is carried out on an RPIOS install. Simply achieved by swapping out the LE SD card with an RPIOS SD card.

If you do decide to try this method I advise using this utility to shrink the image first to save time. As you know the first thing LE does on first boot is to expand the file system to the full size of the card so cloning a load of blank space is a waste of time

GitHub - Drewsif/PiShrink: Make your pi images smaller!
    Make your pi images smaller! Contribute to Drewsif/PiShrink development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Seems I just had to tinker some more. Thanks to Petedescrete's encouragement I got Confluence working with the new and improved Favorites. I have not checked everything but so far but all seems to work properly. I'm running LE RPi5 nightly 20240116.

I'm more than happy to share it but seems it's too large to attach. Any suggestions?

Most of what I edit in LE or Kodi is for use at local level only. It’s usually a hotch potch of dirty fixes purely to get over a temporary bump in the road at my end until a more eloquent solution arrives.

Skinning in Kodi is quite straightforward really and I would encourage anyone here to take the time to delve into it a little deeper instead of waiting for one or two skinners to come up with a solution.

Like yourself I’m a long time user of XBMC/Kodi and as a result the Confluence skin. Whatever your comfortable with, stay with it. As you’ve now seen you can achieve quite a bit on closer inspection if you’re pointed in the right direction.

There’s never any harm sharing your achievements either.

A little bit of background to what I posted above. The skin maintainer I believe is waiting for an Omega Beta 3 release before doing any further work on the Confluence skin. https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/pull/194

Might be worth your while looking at doing your own bit of skin editing on the Confluence skin. It’s quite simple really. Just replace Confluence for Estuary in this example https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Estuary_Modification

If nothing else it will help you find your way around the skinning process.