Posts by afl1

Hi, I've tried device tree from @afl1 with latest dev build from kszaq and really DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD passthrough works, but we lost DTS and Dolby Digital passthrough. I mean, I can select DTS and Dolby Digital passthrough option but there is no sound at all.
    I'm using Mini M8S II device (S905X based)

kszaq builds have serious audio issues. In .kodi/temp/kodi.log appears following error message:

Code
    19:39:26 T:548447080672   ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover

In my build all supported audio formats have no issue via HDMI. I tested PCM and all HD passthrough formats (DD, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD and Multichannel PCM). SPDIF is out of my interest, but it should be working. I'm using Mini M8SII and T95X.

I did report it, 12 days ago.
    see this post "HD Audio passthrough no longer work and is not in the option menu anymore"

I also reported that the rear surrounds are reverted with the surrounds but no one believed me... :cry:

Sorry, I overlooked it. I also had serious problem to boot from sdcard. Boot process was very undeterministic with alternating success.
    Then I decide to create install for internal flash. Installation is universal for S905X, there is multi-dtb for both 1G and 2G RAM. I successfully tested installation from Android on T95X (1GB) and Mini M8SII (2GB). There is no issue with booting. Booting time is < 15 sec.

No one is reporting missing passthrough option for TrueHD/DTS-HD in S905X? I found the problem in device tree blob.
    In glx versions is dummy_codec:dummy replaced by amlogic_codec:t9015. My fix is in simple reverting to gxbb version.

Here is my fixed version for S905X devices to install in flash. There is no issue with audio playback. Simple unzip file to sdcard (from USB is no update for dtb.img!!!) and run update from Android or recovery. To install to S905 boxes u have to replace ledbt.img with corresponding version from kszaq' downloads device_trees or device_trees.
    Also I found issue with remote control code for "exit". In Android exit code is 15 and in LibreELEC is 1. To fix it replace in /flash /remote.conf lines like this "0x19 15" with "0x19 1".