Posts by afl1

afl1 If you want to use media_build, you have to port Amlvideo driver into it. What issues have you found? Any solutions you can suggest?

For loading amlvideo module in boot log is following error message:

Update in #1.
    This version is very experimental as I am not fully happy with kszaq's porting amlogic v4l2 driver to media_build. You can remember knowing tvheadend42 issue after this porting. In my testing this release I found issue after switching channel sometimes playback remain in stuck. Resume playback is possible only rebooting box or trying play video from HD.
    New version has experimental support for DVB-C. I had never tested it as I have no dvb-c.
    I am porting avl6882 driver from crazzycat media_build to be able publish complete sources for internal dvb driver.
    For now only dvb-t part of driver is running. For dvb-s diseqc is running but something is wrong in demod initialization.
    Also I found some bugs in amlogic demuxer implementation, e.g. small section filters are buggy and can cause serious problems in channel scanning.

Have we any news about dvbc anx b?

New driver has DVB-C annex A, B support. But I have no chance to test it. I am still fixing it, now only DVB-T is running.
    [hr]

I double checked 7.90.beta3 and the latest tvheadend42 + oscam from kszaq's repository have no problem to descramble encrypted channels.
    There was tvheadend issue after moving v4l2 support to media_build but it is already fixed by kszaq.

After a while i tried again the latest version from le to my k1plus with the latest k1plus and the linked tvheadend version.
    The scan work for dvb-s, and the dvb-t stick, but i have problems when i stream the channels. Many buffering issue has i especially with hd stream.
    The second problem: oscam not work with dvb-s tuner together.

AGAIN!!!
    Please, double check your installation! Upgrade addons from LibreELEC repository to the latest version.
    I tested tvheadend 8.1.109 (4.1.2415) + oscam 8.1.103 (11350).

My builds strictly are following kszaq's builds adding only internal driver. Now I am testing vesion with public internal driver fully compatible with latest kszaq's build. I'll publish this version with full source code.

The 24 January revision along with separate tvheadend install (as posted by alf1) is working well for me on KII Pro. One thing I noted is that it started scanning satellites on my C-band motorised dish even before I had enabled them :s .

Many of the satellite muxes are full of outdated frequencies. Is it a case of adding the correct frequencies one by one or is there another (easier) option ?

I noted alf1's comment to use an external dvb-t tuner to scan the channels in. Is that once scanned that you can pull the tuner out and revert to the internal tuner ?

Great work alf1 !

Yes, you can scan dvb-t with USB-stick and then use it for internal dvb-t tuner. I am able to watch all my local dvb-t/t2 channels even internal tuner is unable to scan them.
    I am working on fix internal tuner scanning issue.
    [hr]

I installed the last build(24.01.2017) on my kII pro. And I loaded channels that I used before. When I open a channel it says "No free adapter available". How can solve this problem?

Double check tvheadend config, if adapter is enabled. Also install tvheadend from #1 and disable auto-update.

It seems, dvb-t(2) is not working anymore. It did once.

w_scan says:
    /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 -> "Availink AVL6862" doesnt support TERRESTRIAL -> SEARCH NEXT ONE.

EDIT:
    DVB-S seems not to work either.
    /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 -> "Availink AVL6862" doesnt support SATELLITE -> SEARCH NEXT ONE.
    /EDIT

Could you re-add the dvb-t capabilities of the tuner?

And thanks a lot for your great work!

w_scan has incompatible calls for internal driver and is unable test driver capabilities.

afl1 I undestand that you compiled TVHeadend in project without media_build, correct? I am trying to understand how I can fix my binary.

Yes. I compiled TVHeadend in my previous project without media_build.

PS:
    In media_build dvb data structures defined in drivers/media/dvb-core have different format.

C
    #include "dvbdev.h"
    #include "demux.h"
    #include "dvb_demux.h"
    #include "dmxdev.h"
    #include "dvb_filter.h"
    #include "dvb_net.h"
    #include "dvb_ringbuffer.h"
    #include "dvb_frontend.h"

Where can I find a patch to fix it?

There is any fixed version. Temporary use my compiled version.
    It looks like issue with media_build version. I'll try to verify my theory.

Update:
    I confirm my theory, the issue is caused by media_build version. I compiled latest tvheadend (4.1.2415) in version without media_build and it runs.
    service.tvheadend42-8.1.109.zip

afl1 => I got error too with scanning in DVB-S with few transponders (ex. with 11597V 22000 => No channels) on ASTRA 19.2e with version 2017-01-13. And i verified with android DTV app, & dish pointer, my dish is correctly oriented :).

I know same at me. Driver is buggy. I am working to fix it. I tried to test w_scan, but there is result even worser, no scan for any transponder.
    [hr]

Simple workaround, use USB stick for DVB-T.

You can see Gear Head 107-Key Keyboard correctly installed as a kbd, but Xenta (T3 air-mouse) is installed as joystick and mouse and missing kbd. It looks like shity chinesses copy of original MX3 air mouse.
    To my box is connected Mele F10 and iPazzPort:

[hr]

Thank you, I shall try it.

Does this DTB file have any disadvantages?
    If not, could you replace the DTB file in your next release, please?

There is another DTB file (second.dtb) inside kernel.img.
    What is it for and do I have to replace it as well?
    (Replacing it is more complicated as it is in a compressed archive.)

There is no disadvantage, it is fix for issue caused by migrating to new kernel version.
    I can't see any second.dtb in my SD card.

THX jxt and AtHoS.
    In next release I'll go back with driver firmware to previous version.
    [hr]

I purchased a T3 air-mouse (with microfon): Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
    I can control the mouse cursor, but the QWERTY keyboard don't work for K1 plus with 2017-01-13 friday build (T3 QWERTY keyboard works perfect on my desktop computer with W10 x64)

While wired USB keyboard works perfectly on K1 plus

Pls, send me output from lsusb command to see T3 air-mouse ID and ls -l /dev/input/by-id