Posts by afl1

With last build i have finally manage to scan DVB-S as well, but after restart it says no free tuner available, what it can be ? I check all setting frontend it enabled and provider chosen but no free tuner...
    B/w DVB-T i have scan with external dongle. Didn't tried with internal, after removing found channels appears working well with internal tuner.

In TVheadend you have to allow only one from dvb-s, dvb-t, dvb-c.
    [hr]

In my case DVB-T (spain) only scans a half of services, same as two previus versions.

Scan with external usb dvb-t stick is recommended workaround for scanning issue.

Latest build in Ki Plus, with tvheadend and pvr from here, scan failed from dvb-s

On clean installation no scan issue. As I mentioned earlier I installed WebGrab++ to be able grab EPG from internet and try to fix using channel config with mixed dvb-s/dvb-t/dvb-c in tvheadend. After successfully running WebGrab++ I disabled all other sources for EPG:
    1. in DVB Inputs -> TV Adapters: 'Over-the-Air EPG'
    2. in Channel/EPG -> EPG Grabber Modules: allowed only 'Internal XMLTV'

After this EPG config I got as side-effect 'no scan data' for any attempt to scan any network service.
    After reverting config in Channel/EPG -> EPG Grabber Modules I found: Disabling 'EIT: DVB Grabber' is disabled scanning for internal tuner.
    Probably it is a hint for fixing internal dvb tuner scanning issue.
    [hr]

Thank you for the update. Will check it today.

Meantime i noticed when the resolution is chosen 4k the interface of Kodi became slow to respond. Is it possible to to chose lower resolution for interface but keep highest resolution for video playback ?

I've got only full-hd tv. Playing 4k live TV on full-hd is smooth, CPU load low (on same level as 2k), only memory usage is higher.

Oops, but, then, please advice how i can flash latest release on 1st post for KII Pro version able to work both T2/S2 tuners and resolution and others...
    Thank you.
    I flash 5 latest from post 1, no one able to scan t2/s2. What wrong with me ?

I tested clean installation with the beta6Y and tvheadend42 8.1.110. I scanned Astra 19.2E transponders with 90% success.
    But i try to test my running installation and there was 0% scanning success. I have to find what the reason for this behavior, probably interaction with other services. I am currently testing webgrabplus.
    [hr]

1. Use Red button. You can customize buttons with keyboard addon.
    2. arm in build-name means 32bit user space.
    3. Ask in 'Add-on Support'. I am only adding internal dvb driver to kszaq's builds.

thnks
    I have my channels but when I chose one I have this message
    Tvheadend htsp client subscription error
    why

Subscription error means incorrect data for channel (probably inactual). Delete incorrect channels and try scan them.
    [hr]

Just found following image on the 4pda, i don't know who made it, BUT, it is perfectly work with VDR PVR Backend, i have smoothly scan both t2 and s2 just from Kodi and it working just great. Can you be so kind to review it, maybe we can use driver. Problem with this image it has wrong resolution on the screen, also maybe other issues...
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.img.gz

You probably reinvented wheel #17.

on my system passthrough works with videos/films but not with live TV (although with an audio delay problem of ca 200ms). Live TV transcodes to PCM :( (without audio delay problem)
    Any clue?

Krypton for live stream sets SP2D to always on. In Amlogic builds I fixed this by following patch. It can be applied commonly in Libreelec.

Sorry i dont want to offend you, but tried to ask several times, so tried once more, i completly dont understand your reaction. i dont have a problems to update, im asking you why update (not pvr.hts) of tvheadend is necessary once drivers has been changed, never before i have to update tvheadend once drivers have been changed

and yes i read your notes, but usb port upper one next to sd card is still not working, im on latest image, with kIIpro dtb.img attached to image, thats the reason why im asked you that too

Tvheadend has no dependency on internal dvb driver. Tvheadend is service dependent on kernel dvb services. Changes in kernel can cause tvheadend upgrade. And finally pvr.hts is tvheadend client deeply dependent on Kodi version.

And about USB ports. For testing I have only KIII box.
    Same box as KII Pro only two differences:
    1. no internal dvb tuner;
    2. ethernet-PHY (KII Pro -IP101GR, KIII - RTL8211)

I double check dbt.img for KII Pro I didn't find any issue:
    1. all 4 USB ports are supported, I had connected 2x dvb-t, usb keyboard, usb ssd disk

2. wifi OK, connected to box via ssh;
    3. bluetooth OK, connected BT keyboard;
    4. wired ethernet no connection (different ethernet-phy chip).

Thank you, i will try evening, can i use bellow simple update instructions:

The simplest upgrade:
    - create new SD card;
    - from new card copy kernel.img and SYSTEM to the old one.
    All config and installation is preserved. If addons are not started upgrade them from repository or zip.

Also, do we need to copy as well SYSTEM.md5 and kernel.img.md5 file ?

Only those 2 files, md5 is only for your verification.

I tried the scan with VDR and TVHeadedend for DVB-T
    Both don't work.
    Please notice that with old libreelec version (7.02) VDR scan was working, but not TVheadend.
    If I copy the VDR folder from old installation to the new, I'm able to see channels, but not add it if needed because scan don't find channels. I checked this with a incomplete channel config in both installation. In the old the scan find 5 new channels, in the new no channel found.
    Beside, scan is slowest a lot.

Can I do something in order to help the fix of this problem?

Test version with different tuner driver (r848a, current version has r848x). With new tuner driver I am able to scan local dvb-t2 mux, the current had no scan data for dvb-t2.
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-7.95.beta6Y-20170216132010.img.gz

Is this an issue only on 8.0 builds? My VPN was working beautifully (40+MB) with 7.0.3.x but I took a huge hit moving to 8.0 (2-3MB.)

Ask kszaq, I am building only 8.0. As I know crypto HW support was added only last year.

On my MiniMX III (s905), I got 4.2MB/s download (~33Mb/s) over a gigabit fiber and gigabit ethernet connection.
    ARM processor are not very good with encryption... and there is no hardware encryption supported with the kernel (cryptodev) like Intel can do.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ./speedtest_vpn.sh
      % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
     77  476M   77  368M    0     0  3749k      0  0:02:10  0:01:40  0:00:30 4205k

Current version has no hw crypto support. Try this special version built with amlogic hw crypto support:
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-7.95.beta6X-20170215151926.img.gz

hi, Alf i try enable predictive tuning, time results is better. Thank you!

I've before used dreambox PVR with enigma2, and time of switch channel on this box they were below 2 sec. :)

Is there any other easier and mainly faster DVB-S client for LE platform?

You can try DVR, but I don't like it. It can be hardly faster, tvheadend uses server-client streaming, also Kodi is buffering data for smooth playback. All this thinks introduce delay.
    You can find playback paradox. If you try play same channel locally and remote in you pc (vlc is able play .m3u created by tvheadend web interface), playback in your pc is little bit ahead.