Posts by afl1

Tvheadend42 with fixed standard sharing - first stage, it works only with disabled OTA EPG.
    service.tvheadend42-8.1.112.zip

Pls, test it in 8.0.0d-I with dual standard config by switching channel with different standards (dvb-s/dvb-t/dvb-c).
    For test is necessary disable OTA EPG in adapter settings.
    I did only blind test by driver debugging as I have only dvb-t source at my work.
    I am waiting for reports verifying this fix to be able confirm fix to tvheadend team.

P.S.
    I am downloading EPG from internet via Webgrabplus.

Yes, I enabled the DVB-T tuner in Tvheadened frontend DVB Inputs -> TV Adapters (pick the Enabled checkbox and set the network to my predefined), because with the new configuration is automatically "deactivated" while the HTSP Client say: No free tuner available.
    After enabled DVB-T in Tvheadend frontend (and set Network and 'Maximum PIDs' to 26) changed HTSP Client message from "No free tuner avaliable" to "No signal"

Unfortunately I could not find a solution

Thank for report. I did only blind dvb-t test as I have no athenna at home. Tomorrow morning I'll be tested it at my work.

Bad news: K1-plus + DVB-T
    This version (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0e-I.img.gz) with recommended service.tvheadend42-8.1.111.zip + pvr.hts-3.4.19.1.zip + set In tvheadend limit 'Maximum PIDs' to 26 (DVB Inputs -> TV Adapters), but allways generated error message: Tvheadened HTSP Client: No Signal

Restarted the TV box many times and reverted TVHeadend back to service.tvheadend42-8.1.110d.zip, but the error message remain.

After reverted back to LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0d-I.img the problem is fixed and the channels are right

Have you updated tvheadend dbt-t setting for frontend?
    Simple updating is not enough. New driver has 3 frontends, old only 1. In old driver dvb-s/dvb-t/dvb-c were connected to frontend0. In new driver dvb-s has frontend0, dvb-t frontend1 and dvb-c frontend2. After update dvb-t/dvb-c have no networks. It is necessary set them again.
    Pls, try ones more again and let me know result.

I'm using the last version 8.0.0d on my kii pro (internal memory) , and I getting weird ip address with the ethernet connection 169.254.138.38, at WiFi connection everything is fine, ip address is 192.168.0.29 (my default getway is 192.168.0.1). Tried to reinstall it using sd card but it's stuck on amlogic s905 logo. When I'm reset the device it's go on and libreelic working but still problems with ethernet connection. It's weird , because everything worked fine few days ago.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    Using the same cable with my laptop and getting normal ip and Internet connection working as well.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Have you ever got ethernet connection with version 8.0.0d?
    Have you replaced in SDcard dbt.img?
    Verify ethernet cable.
    Finally try to install original Android to verify ethernet connection.

By the way my friend has KI Plus with damaged ethernet port. Ethernet was working but from unknown reason transceiver gone. Now he is using USB-Ethernet adapter.

Does the KI / KII have GPIO?
    Does the latest LE version support it? I want to use Hyperion on it ...
    Looking at an open KI, we apparently have GPIO.
    See: K1_S905_Tuner_Connector.jpg

As I know there are no GPIOs for common use. I don't know nothing about internal connector pinouts.
    In S905_Public_Datasheet is following:
    "The SOC has a number of multi-function digital I/O pads that can be multiplexed to a number of internal resources (e.g. PWM generators, SDIO controllers …). When a digital I/O is not being used for any specific purpose, it is converted to a general purpose GPIO pin. A GPIO pin can be statically set to high/low logical levels."

at the same time ok, but lest you could switch the DVB-T / DVB-S

I ask tvheadend team to fix this issue and I received this ignorant answer by Jardo Kysela:

Bug #4278« Previous | Next »
    Multistandard tuner is considered as a multi tuner.Added by Jan Afl about 3 hours ago. Updated about 2 hours ago. Status:NewStart date:2017-03-10 Priority:NormalDue date: Assignee:-% Done: 0%Category:DVB Target version:- Found in version:4.1.2401 Affected Versions:
    [hr]
    QuoteDescription

Multistandard tuner has only single tuner and it is unable to use concurrently more standards. For correct config in current version is necessary to allow only single standard and tuner is degraded to single standard. Please, correct this issue. Also for my tuner based on avl6862 is shown strange standard - ATSC-C (look in attached picture). I don't what does means 'ATSC-C'. This chip is unable to demodulate ATSC, probably it is misinterpreted driver capabilities SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_B.
    tvh42.jpg (103 KB) Jan Afl, 2017-03-10 11:02History

#1 Updated by Jaroslav Kysela about 3 hours ago

Multistandard tuner has only single tuner and it is unable to use concurrently more standards. For correct config in current version is necessary to allow only single standard and tuner is degraded to single standard.

Assign network only to the tuner which is currently active (usually DVB-T / DVB-C only). That's all. The other tuner won't be used when you don't assign a network. Eventually, you may disable the tuner in the driver (consult the driver source code if it's possible).

I don't what does means 'ATSC-C'. This chip is unable to demodulate ATSC, probably it is misinterpreted driver capabilities SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_B.

Annex B is used mostly in cable networks in the North America. The ATSC standard also defines the EPG data (SI table contents) and other parameters which really differs from DVB. ATSC-C means ATSC-Cable in TVH which uses SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_B internally for the Linux DVBAPI.

#2 Updated by Jan Afl about 2 hours agoJaroslav Kysela wrote:

Assign network only to the tuner which is currently active (usually DVB-T / DVB-C only). That's all. The other tuner won't be used when you don't assign a network. Eventually, you may disable the tuner in the driver (consult the driver source code if it's possible).

Your suggestion doesn't solve my issue. I like to use two standard. Some channels are in DVB-T and other in DVB-S. In driver switching standard takes only 300 msec. My suggestion is adapter as a single device with multistandard capabilites.

Annex B is used mostly in cable networks in the North America. The ATSC standard also defines the EPG data (SI table contents) and other parameters which really differs from DVB. ATSC-C means ATSC-Cable in TVH which uses SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_B internally for the Linux DVBAPI.

Ok I see ATSC-C but there is impossible assign any network to this adapter!
    Edit Watch Copy

[hr]

One more question. Did someone to import a list of E2TVH (1.5a) to K1 / K2. After importing doing everything according to the instructions and TVheadend freezes (No response). Of course, the web runs, you will see the signals and others.

Scanning issue is fixed, you don't need to use E2TVH. This program depends on db quality (how is up to date). You need only set single transponder for network and allow network discovery (New muxes + changes muxes).

When changing the default skin (estuary) the menu item "Reboot from internal" do not appears. Can I use some custom command and create a custom menu item with this command?

Reboot from internal is done with following patch:

You can add it to your custom skin.