Posts by afl1

Hello, i've bought a Hauppauge 461e DVB-s2 usb stick to use in my LibreElec configuration. I've connected it to a T95z plus (s912), with "Adamg's [8.90.3] LibreELEC 9.0" on it. I had to install the CrazyCat driver before it recognized it. When i search for channels in tvheadend, it finds them all. But when i try to watch them it has too much errors in the streams to watch them. I can watch 2 channels with a lot of glitches, the other ones stay black with sometimes a piece of audio.

I've tried to connect it to my laptop witch windows 10, then it works perfect with the same cable. Then i've tried a live usb libreelec on my laptop, also then it works correct. I then tried to use my laptop as tvheadend server and the T95z as client, also that works perfect. I've meassured the voltage output of the usb stick when connected to the t95z, it meassures 18v what seems to be good. I've also tried kzaq's version on the t95z, the same problem exist. When I connect other devices to the usb port like mass storage on the t95z they seem to work correct, so it seems it's not a problem of the usb port (or that is less sensitive). Does anyone knows a solution or other things i could try?

For Hauppauge devices is preffered Huappauge driver addons. Try to switch to this addon.

afl1 , I tested today this devel build on my play2. I did clean installation of latest GDPR-2 build on other sd card and updated to this devel . Activated dvb crazycat driver but there is problem with tvh now. Installed it from le repo (backend and service) but always backend does not respond properly and I can't connect with it (tvh 4.2 or 4.3 service). When I amd trying to restart this build it took very long time . So now I am back to GDPR-2 build

THX for testing. This version was after big packages rebase and it was very buggy. Tomorrow I'll publish more stable version with updated codesnake driver for WP2.

AVL6862 doesn't support ISDB-T. Only AVL 6882 has this capability.

Something wrong is with this dev build. When I trying to reboot le it stuck on black screen and I have to unplug power . Tvheadend is installed but does not want to connect .Prevous I had installed tvh 4.3 now I did update and it back to 4.2

Can you do a clean install? Burn on new SD card LE 8.90.3, upgrade to devel and then allow crazycat dvb addon drivers. Install TVH and let me know if the driver for internal dvb tuner is working.

Thank you for answer. KIII Pro works well for a limited time (average 30 minutes) and then artifacts appear in the image (BER is still 0). I thought it was because of the S912, but on the S905W system the artifacts appear immediately after switching to this channel (it looks like a double switching of graphics - blinking). Can you please try this channel longer if artifacts do not appear?

Thanks.

There are no artifact, you probably mean red color flaring. This is common know issue for K3 Pro (S912). It was reported also for Android DTV apk.

My box also has this illness. I found it also in T95X (S905x) box. It have to be hw construction flaw. I was thinking about overheating, but keeping CPU temp < 50°C didn't remedy picture. I've never got this issue on S905/S905D. My recommendation is to replace K3 Pro with K1 Pro, the best box with sat tuner. Or buy cheap S905 for frontend and use K3 Pro as a backend server.

No issue on K3 Pro

Just following up from my post about TVHeadend 4.3 from [8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

I've reinstalled using Raybuntu's build of 4.2 from Index of /addons/9.0.6/S905/arm/service.tvheadend42/ and all my channels can be found again so the issue I'm having seems to be coming from TVH4.3. Is it possible for a 4.2 build to be made available on the LE repo for the time being? I don't know how widespread an issue it is, if it's just affecting a few of us maybe just worth sticking with Raybuntu's build.

TVH 4.2.5-18 service.tvheadend42-9.0.117x.zip.

TVH 4.2 is downgrade incompatible with TVH 4.3. If you are downgrading from 4.3 you have to remove all data.

It’s just a set (probably 4k) resolution on boot. A few pages back you’ll find the ssh command to set the startup resourion to whatever you need, although it would be better imo to set a more widely used resolution as default so any not-so-tech-savvy user isn’t presented with a garbled screen.

/edit this is what i used. Ssh into the box and use:

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

Alpha version aren't for "not-so-tech-savvy".

There is no data stream from demodulator. Demodulator can be connected for parallel (GPIODV_0 - GPIODV_7) or serial (GPIODV_0) data transfer.

K-series boxes and WP2 use parallel and VIM2 use serial. Kind of data transfer for kernel modules (aml_dmx) is set via dtb. But driver is hard coded for parallel transfer. For future investigating and testing without physical HW is for me impossible.

GDPR-2 there is one thing to check for 3D playback. 3D playback is not supported by any TV in 4K, so far there is even no standard for 3D in 4K. What happens with libreelec when the output resolution is set to 4k, is that when starting a 3D playback, the output is a kind of weird. My projector still says 4k, but no valid format is detected. I guess it is just a completely wrong screen type set by libreelec.

The correct behaviour is to swith to 1080p and send the 3D mode over HDMI (as it is already perfectly done today when the output resolution is 1080p)

Bye

Try this test version LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180119165613-r27922-gae5b693.tar