Posts by afl1

I updated sources for 8.0.0i.
    media_build: 2017-04-17-rpi
    [hr]

afl1, so I can run this build on wetek play2 and internal dvb tuner will work as well ?
    Regards

You can run it but without support for internal tuner. Wetek driver isn't public.

Test build to fix LiveTV lipsync issue.
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1j-test-I.tar

Channel switching is a little bit slower to allow better a/v sync.

Playback test of high bitrate samples with 0 drops, 0 skips:
    - jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv with TrueHD passthrough
    - Samsung_UHD_7Wonders_of_the_World_Italy.mkv
    - Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2ts
    - LG_Chess_HDR.mp4

Only jellyfish-200-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv in first part (over 250 Mbps) is jerky.

This testing build you can run in any S905/S905X box supported by kszaq.

I think that a/v sync issues are caused by the lateframe patch. In my latest build I only increased a limit in Kodi - this fixes frame jumping in my test samples:
    LibreELEC.tv/kodi-le-030-lateframes.patch at d3763339ea877854e635bf7c00f46fb8d2ab87e1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Skipping 'late frames' is very drastic solution to achieve video/audio sync causing video playback stuttering. This procedure have to be for freerun mode totally relaxed. We have to find another way how to reach av sync. In current stage simple workaround is to use timeshift. Shifting playback few seconds back will reach perfect av sync without any drops and skips.

Same for me.

I know about possible lipsync issue. I am testing fix for it.

No LipSync problems on my side (Kii Pro + DVB-S)

But my TVHeadend42 8.1.114 starts only in 2/10 system starts. I have to deactivate and activate the Addon manually. Even a start delay of 3 seconds doesn't help
    Can someone plz tell me how to identify the problem? Which log do i have to activate and what do i have to look for?

BTW Great work afl1. The system gets better and better! THX

If you running from SD card, try to use another SD card.
    Try to upgrade to LibreELEC repository TVHeadend42 8.1.111. There is lower version but newer revision.

So I just got a Tronsmart Vega S95x
    Amlogic S905x A53 CPU 2Gb/8GB
    ARM Penta-Core Mali 450MP GPU

How do I flash this thing with LibreElec? I've done it on my MXIII, my M8S+ without any issues but none of these zip files work; I always get verification failed, or footer is wrong, and installation aborted

can someone help? I'm thinking I have to get TWRP on this box?? any suggestions?

Thank you so much and keep up the good work.

Read post #1 for installation instructions.
    [hr]

You have to provide log from tvheadend42 with debug options: linuxdvb,mpegts.
    There are no changes in dvb-s/t for all 8.0.1 versions. I only replaced firmware for dvb-c to fix atsc-c.

Hi,
    thank you, I did it. There is kodi.log

Your playback is running from network:

Code
    13:42:57.084 T:4115681280   DEBUG: OnPlayMedia nfs://192.168.1.101/mnt/HD/HD_b2/Tmp/Samsung_UHD_7Wonders_of_the_World_Italy.mkv

Pls, for test try to run from USB disk. I see massive late frame skipping:

Also in your log I see audio passthrough is correctly set and opened for TrueHD in 'jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv''. Check your AV receiver.

Only LE issue I found in 'Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2t' is invalid framerate:90000 detection, causing to start playback at 50fps and then switching to correct 59.97fps. It looks like bug in ffmpeg. I temporary fixed it in this case using 59.97fps instead of 50fps.

Hi, version 8.0.1h:
    I still have problem with jerky (stutter) playback and massive frame skips on some videos. And next, all files with Dolby THD still are without audio playback (DTS HDMA works properly).
    Test files are described above. Records from camera of TV screen from playing from test files and with enabled Ctrl-Shift-O info, you can fiind here:
    Peter_Gabriel_CAMSCR.mp4, Italy_CAMSCR.mp4, Jelly_Fish_CAMSCR.mp4

Kodi log here: log-2017-04-28-20.14.01.zip

Try to update to my version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1i-I.tar (Copy it to /storage/.upgrade and reboot box.)
    I have no issue to play jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv smoothly with TrueHD passthrough. No drops, no skips.