Posts by randoker

Hi vpeter and Klojum thanks for such quick replies. I'm fairly new to linux so please bear that in mind if I say something odd.

This is an HP laptop, model 15-1215dx (if I can read the label correctly. It's rather worn)

Not sure if it makes a diff but I'm using a Micro SD card and it is identified in my system as /dev/mmcblk0

sudo fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0

sudo ./LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin --debug

[hr]

And can you try using this sd card with USB reader to see who is doing this problems (sd crd or reader).

Hi vpeter , regarding your suggestion to "try using with USB reader", I am currently putting the micro SD card into an adapter and inserting this into a slot on the laptop that reads SD cards. Here is the exact equipment I am using and it plugs directly into the laptop:

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04

I downloaded LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin
    Then changed it to executable and ran it as root with sudo.

Immediately get the error: "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

But this ONLY happens when my SD card is inserted into the laptop.

If I eject the SD then the SD Creator launches with no problem, but then soon as I insert the SD card the program crashes: it just exits.

I have been using the SD with no issues. It's a Toshiba 16GB. And I just tried partitioning and formatting it to see if that would help, but no luck.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ash