Posts by northpole

TL;dr
    How to disable RPi shutdown command for power button on remote?

Ever since RPi & KODI both suggested LibreELEC to replace OE from their official twitter accounts, I have been a fan of LE (though it's only been one version, I am eagerly waiting for next stable). It has been working great on my RPi, surprised that it my oneforall universal IR remote (not as great as Harmony, but works) worked fine out of box with minimum fuss. (I had to press and config codes for each button on OE).

But there is a tiny but irritating issue. Any accidental push on power button on the remote shuts down the RPi. And of course, it doesn't start by remote again.

The GUI addon of keymap editor doesn't help. Where do I find the config file to edit/disable?

Thanks Klojum. I understand the limitations of RPi (and it's not that bad) and I am ok to live with it. I store all my media on NAS, mounted on LE over NFS. It plays 1080p files fine over wired network.
    And I see LE stores only thumbnails & other static content on uSD, so a fraction of second more to load thumbnails is ok.

Thanks @Klojum.
    RPi has been great, but I don't want to continue to use uSD cards and all other tiny issues. mSata storage, optical audio, 4K, (netflix, may be), little faster CPU/mem? There's never a hardware that fits our needs and budget right? So my 'better features' and 'budget' are not rigid.

@escalade right, a HTPC is always better. But am still wary of running a full blown PC for home theater.

@johnmerrill, ASUS chromebox is good, but no less than a HTPC.

Cubox sounds good, but I don't see any further development. Any similar hardware?

During initial days when we were adopting Openelec in RPi, it was recommended to use a USB stick to store all the library/artwork instead of the SD/uSD card.

Is it still required for RPi2/3 with Libreelec? Would it help improve speed of library list/page changes? I changed to a brand new 32GB class 10 Sandisk card (checked and doesn't looks counterfeit), but it still takes a second or two to load thumbnails once in a while.

I just have one instance of Kodi so there are no plans of installing a MySQL database for library.
    Appreciate any help.

TL;DR
    What hardware/board do you guys recommend to upgrade from RPi?

I have been running XBMC/Kodi on RPi for pretty long. Used openelec initially and now thankfully got to install LibreElec and happy with it!
    Have fiddled with my RPis for years, though the foundation is releasing new boards regularly, now I want to move to a better hardware. It's fun to tinker around this, I want a stable hardware.