Posts by WobLibre45

I just suddenly started having issues using VPN Manager for OpenVPN on mine as well. My issue just started yesterday. Booted libreelec, VPN manager tried to authenticate through Nord, but then it tells me "Could not authenticate with VPN provider. Please check user name and password and try again." I'm not sure where the issue is yet, because this happens on 11.0 and 12.0 nightlies. It was fine on both of those Friday/Saturday.

I know it isn't my username and password, because I as well am logged on through my laptop. I've changed 0 settings in the app in Kodi for both 11.0 and 12.0. I also tried to update the add-on, but there are no updates. I'm using the add-on from Zomboided which is 7.0.1.

It just randomly stopped working. I'll test it later today. Unfortunately I don't have another VPN provider to try with to see if it's a Nord issue or not.

So i have had the same issue, i have managed to get my NordVPN to connect. I don't know if this first part is relevant however in my process i have updated the VPNManager by zomboided to version 7.0.2.

Once the VPNManager tried to run a wizard to which i entered my user name and password, it failed with the same issue.

After exiting the wizard i entered the 'setting' of 'VPN Manager and noticed the token was blank. i logged into my Nord account via the url displayed and generated a access token, entered this then re-ran the wizard and the connection is succesful.

It would appear that Nord is enforcing the use of an access token. i cannot recall entering a token before, but i haven't had to change anything in months.

Hello,

Thought i'd add a comment to this thread, i began having trouble with VPNManager connecting to NordVPN, as in it stopped connecting stating unable to authenticate.

I was running LibreElec v9.2 and decided this version was the problem so updated to v10. However the issue remained.

After reading this thread and the github issues to find a resolution that has worked at least for me.

Ultimately Password length i believe is the issue.

I originally had a password which was 18 characters long containing symbols, numbers etc

I tried only Characters and numbers still 18 long, still could not authenticate.

Changed to characters and numbers at 8 long and found this worked.

Change the passwored and logged out to add a symbol but kept the length at 8 this worked ok.

I've ended up with a 12 long password (only 1 symbol within) which appears to be working.

Note, when resetting the Nord Password it states you should have a symbol but doesn't enforce it!

Hope this helps someone else and safes 6 hours of some one elses life!