Posts by Spall

Thanks. I was trying to determine if I should keep this model since they made a mistake on my order, but since it's newer I'm at the crossroads of keep and try or send it back. I'd hate to crack it open if your response would have been "stay away from Gemini Lake refresh".

I understand what you're saying. I'm not trying to be that guy.

Hallo,

After my old NUC died a few months back I've been making due with another I repurposed while I waited for RPi stock to return to normal. The wait has been too long, so I ordered a NUC7CJYH. However I was shipped a NUC7CJYHN, which is newer (21 vs 18) and appears to be only marginally different (Intel ARK). Before I crack it open, I thought I should ask if anybody has had any issues with this model? Or if there are any concerns with the kernel currently that would make this a bad choice?

My searches all seem to come up with the non-N SKU that I had originally ordered.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I can certainly order another cable from a different manufacturer to try. I was just confused as everything in the chain is functional and verified separately. It's when packaged together I get no video signal. Something is registering, as I normally pass video through my AVR and when there's no signal at all I get a splash page from the AVR. When the NUC boots up in this config, my display turns to blue.

I have tried hot swapping cable. Cold boot. Warm boot. Various combinations of plug/unplug. Power toggling different devices in the chain. I do have the disadvantage of having an old TV (CRT RPTV) that honestly I've just been waiting for it to die so I can get something modern. I hate to discard usable tech. I didn't know if I was encountering some edge case handshake issue. I had hoped there was something I could do if I SSH in to help diagnose. I can at least use the mDP->HDMI adapter and a HDMI cable to get by, and I'll try getting a different mDP->HDMI cable to see if anything changes.

Hallo everyone.

My NUC died on me and I had a NUC5i5MYHE laying around to use as an emergency replacement until I find something new to replace it.

My problem is this: This model NUC only has mDP ports. I had a spare mDP->HDMI adapter laying around. The NUC boots up fine into KODI. However I was noticing a little random noise in the image. I purchased a new mDP->HDMI cable to pull the adapter out of the mix, but the NUC doesn't display any video when this cable is used. Everything in the chain is fine. I can get video on that same cable if I plug it into a Macbook Pro. The problem exists when using either mDP port. Swapping back to the adapter and regular HDMI cable works fine, albeit with that noise I mentioned.

I'm not sure the best way to diagnose the issue here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!