Posts by rileyav

Thanks haha although I think it has more to do with whoever has fixed the issue I was having with the nightly update. While I'm here I don't suppose you could tell me how to access the home folder (specifically home/pi/) via SSH? The filesystem is different in LE and I'm not at all up on linux anyway so I'm rather lost on what the actual path is

Ah, as much as I appreciate the pointers there hardware modification is truly a last resort for me on this one..

Luckily I have the solution! Install the libreelec 10 nightly, follow the instructions in the thread you linked and it works perfect. Not a clue what the cause was but I am a happy bunny now. Thanks for your assistance

Tried that and no luck. I'll give the downgrade a go, could you point me towards where I can get the 10.0.1 file please?

EDIT: ah! working on the 10.0.1 version! Only issue is that the gamma seems really unusually high, everything looks real washed out when compared to running it into the same tv with a HDMI>composite converter. Any idea what that may be?

Hiya,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have worked although it has brought me closer. I now get to the libreelec logo boot screen, and then the screen flashes for a second and goes black. Again, still able to SSH in. I followed all the steps in the linked post

Hi folks really desperate for some help on this one as I have no clue.

So I got a new pi4 and installed the new stable 10.0.2? (or whatever it is). Edited the config to enable SDTV out and select a mode,

Hooked it all up and got the rainbow test screen that appears for a moment, ah sweet. Then, nothing. Just a black screen, and waiting around doesn't help either. HDMI works fine. Libreelec is running as I can SSH in no problem. Anyone know wtf the problem is?

Hi,

I posted this last night but put it in the add on support thread by accident :huh:

I have been using libreelec matrix on my pi 3b for a little while, running it over composite out on one of my old school TVs.

I have some content that is encoded hevc 265 which is not supported by libreelec matrix on 3b due to the pi's lack of hardware decoding. as recommended, i installed 9.2.8 to use instead so I could play my content

But here's where it gets odd! Upon booting I found that there was some very strange crackly sounds being output. I checked the audio device that was listed as HDMI and switched it to analog. I then went and tried to play some of my h265 content, and the audio was pitched way lower than it should be. I also noticed that moving the mouse was extremely laggy, like the fps was low, however the video playing looked fine.

Guessing that my 3b was just struggling to decode the h265, I tried a different video that I know worked perfectly on matrix. This had the same issue. ALL my videos had this same issue.

And the weirdest part is the audio is perfectly fine over hdmi, although the mouse lag issue persists.. I tried using the HDMI and analog option in the menu, but this didn't work either and just caused weird broken audio to play.

Anyone got any clue what the problem is here?