Posts by piwithoutsound

Hello everyone,

I didn't have the time to try all solutions mentioned in that thread but below is a thread that I opened regarding video/audio issues that I had after upgrading to 10.0.1 on my RPi4.

I tried to provide as many logs that I could think of. For now, I managed to have video output through HDMI and sound through analog output.

I hope to find an only-HDMI solution though ;)

piwithoutsound
    January 25, 2022 at 1:08 PM

Have a nice day!

Hello everyone,

This is my first thread, greetings to everyone.

I hope we will be able to solve my problem together as I've tried many many solutions and searched a lot but without any success for now... :(

After a fresh install of Libreelec 10.0.1 (Matrix) on a Raspberry Pi 4, I don't have any audio output on my TV through HDMI.

Previously, I had a Libreelec 9.2.6 (Leia) distro and it was working by putting the following in config.txt:

Code
    # (old config.txt file in LE 9.2.6)

# HDMI without active display (optional)
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    # Audio over HDMI (optional)
    hdmi_drive=2
    # CEA mode
    hdmi_group=1
    # 1080p 60 Hz
    hdmi_mode=16

But I read that starting from LE10, hdmi settings in config.txt are ignored.

Therefore, after the fresh install of Libreelec 10.0.1, I had to edit the cmdline.txt file to have some output.

Code
    boot=UUID=3010-5350 disk=UUID=a8e8a687-3b0f-472c-a2e4-3e8c903fd088 quiet video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720M@60D

With that line, I managed to have some video output through HDMI, but still no sound.

I'm using the HDMI port "0" (closer to the power plug) as I read that it was the recommended configuration when having a single external monitor.

The current content of my config.txt file is the following, I tried to play with the setting dtparam=audio=on but it seems to have no effect on HDMI audio.

When I enable this param in config.txt, I have some sound on the analog output (audio jack 3.5mm) though. But it doesn't help me since I want sound through HDMI ^^

Without dtparam=audio=on nor audio_pwm_mode (commented)

- Attached log

without_dtparam.txt

- I cannot select an audio output device in GUI (see image)

Code
    $ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

With dtparam=audio=on nor audio_pwm_mode (uncommented + reboot)

- Attached log

with_dtparam.txt

- I have the choice between 2 audio output devices in GUI (see image)

If I select ALSA: bcm2835... I have audio through the anolog output only (jack 3.5mm) but not through HDMI.

The other choice PULSE: Default does nothing and I am in the same situation than without  dtparam=audio=on.

Do not hesitate if you need additional info.

Thank you for having read my first Libreelec novel...