Posts by Omina

I have two 3.5" 4TB hard disks, plugged into an external drive dock with its own power supply and USB 3.0 cable (this) Before I did anything else, I plugged the dock into my Windows 10 PC and used the Storage Spaces utility to combine the two drives into an 8TB volume (setting up RAID 1)

I migrated everything from my external USB HDD, including Kodi database files, and plugged the dock into my HTPC. But nothing seems to show up in Kodi, I can't add it as a media source or anything, it's plugged via USB 3.0 just like my external HDD was. What am I missing please

Think I've figured it out - it will play sound when I select interlaced resolutions (1920x1080i, 480i etc) but not when I use standard progressive scan ones (1920x1080p).

I was going to get a better TV anyway but thanks for all your help

Just realised my Grundig TV is actually a rebranded Toshiba, lol

So this is a bit weird - I went into my BIOS and changed the Front Panel Type setting from AC 97 to HD, and the HDMI Audio Output was already enabled. When I save and exit the BIOS, Kodi boots as expected and I get sound through the TV, but then when I go to change my display resolution (from whatever the default is to my TV's native resolution) then I don't get sound anymore, and then it stays that way until I go into the BIOS again, save and exit, then it reverts back to the default res with audio.

When I navigate to the Display options, my TV goes black and displays OUT OF RANGE for a few seconds, then Kodi asks me if I want to keep the settings. If I pick Yes I get no audio, but if No then I still have audio.

Not sure if there's a way to override the default video resolution?

Hi,

Just installed LibreELEC 10.0.1 Generic.x86_64 on an SSD in a newly built HTPC. Videos play fine, and I can get sound using the headphone jack on my mobo with an external speaker but I want to get sound through the TV.

Display: Grundig GU22WDVD01

Motherboard: ASUS H81I-PLUS

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30ghz

In the audio options menu I can select from the following, but none of these work, even though the LCD_TV setting seems like the correct option:

I've also fiddled with various settings but can't seem to get sound. Any tips please? Thanks