Posts by GDPR-2

GDPR-2, I did clean installation of 8.90.4 , after this updated to new devel + new dtb. With crazycat scannng muxes does not work on tvh with hauppauge driver everything is ok

so with Hauppauge everything works as expected?

Did it work with crazycat before?

It's very hard for both myself and afl1 to fully work this out as we don't have access to the hardware however I appreciate you taking the time to test the changes. New codesnake changes are causing a headache.

belaid38  zbigzbig20 new devel version for you to try here.

Some important notes before flashing for you guys and some others.

The kernel in this dev image has been changed from kszaq/8.2 to official LE/9.0 pre-alpha, this is a big change and something I have held off from changing to for a couple of reasons which are listed below.

If you have LE installed to internal this image will not boot as the partition layout in the DTB is different. You can still install to internal but you will have to boot from SD and then re-run the scripts and if you go back to another image then you will have to do the same again.

Devices with NAND will not be able to run LE from internal memory due to the LE kernel having no NAND driver.

There may be frame drops/skips with certain content however I can't say with 100% certainty that this will be the case because it has been some time since I last tested it.

DTB will require updating or your box will not boot however this should be done automatically as part of the upgrade process.

If flashing this image, I very HIGHLY recommend making a back up.

If your device boots following the upgrade then I expect this to run just as well as any other release, I make these notes just so you are forewarned. DO NOT complain, if your box goes bang!!

Noise reduction:

Code
     echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

CPU:

Code
     echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
     echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The speed of the GPU only affects the speed of the interface, but it is not however very important. Neither the overclocking of the CPU nor the overclocking of the GPU will not help either for the interface (most likely not if it already slows down), nor for the video.

Those latter commands do not overclock the cpu or gpu.

Hard to see what your problem is... everything looks normal, the box is picking up the remote codes so it is a configuration issue your end.

Every remote gives different scan codes, the length of the codes are also irrelevant as long as you copy them correctly.

I have a Sidiwen X11 box (S905X, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM).The device tree gxl_p212_2g.dtb fails to show the internal memory of the box (apparently NAND) and if I replace it on the SD card with the gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb (renaming, of course), the box does not boot. Which device tree should I try in addition to these two, or is it just that there is not a suitable one for the box?

One other strange thing: if I SSH to the box, the command xrandr is not recognized. Is this also due to the device tree?

Just use the dtb that works, not all NAND devices are supported, you will have to run LE off sdcard or usb flash drive.

Just ignore and press OK, install will proceed as normal. This is a kodi bug as the dependency is there.

Hi,

I have a X92 and running LE from SD card. Most functions works well, but wondering if someone can help with a HDMI/output issue.

When I turn on the box after power is pulled, it will start up nicely, and the TV input will sense the signal (HDMI) from the box and show the LE interaface. But when i power the box down, and then power it back up, the box goes on, but the TV is not sensing the HDMI output as the TV is blank looking for input. I know the box is on, as i can hit remote and hear the movement. Only way to get signal back is to pull the power, or pull the HDMI cable and put it back in.

I have a S905 box with same Krypton 17.6 version, and that does sense each time it powers back on (and goes to that input).

Any ideas? Thank you.

You misunderstand how HDMI works, your TV does not sense HDMI output, it listens for the CEC wake up command, it is the box that doesn't send this after waking from standby.

I think the issue is with the bootloader because it works fine on LePotato, put it down to one of the pitfalls of buying a cheap chinese device.

In case someone else has this problem, here is the solution: Some keyboards are being detected as joystick in linux.
    My keyboard A4Tech G800V is one of them.
    As GDPR-2 said (then removed?) in his post, I had to make a udev rule to prevent my keyboard being detected as a joystick.

1. Downloaded 51-these-are-not-joysticks.rules file from GitHub - denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist: Fix for keyboard/mouse/tablet being detected as joystick in Linux

2. Copy to /etc/udev/rules.d/51-these-are-not-joysticks.rules

3. Reboot

keywords: A4 Tech G800V Multimedia Gaming Keyboard is not working in Linux

I wasn't sure if it would work that's why I removed my comment but I'm glad it did.