Posts by GDPR-2

Thank you for you info.

I'm particulary interesed in 2 channels output for "normal" and hi-res audio files, not for surround. I only have an external DAC and a stereo amplifier, I'm not using a receiver.

I have an important lossless music library (FLAC and WAV), almost 30% of it in hi-res audio formats (24-bit/96KHz, 24-bit/88.2KHz and 24-bit/192KHz). That's why is so important to me to find a solution to output audio files over optical digital (or coaxial digital) bit-perfect, with no resampling. That's why I've choosed Minix Neo U1 and LibreELEC (btw, thanks kszaq for doing this :thumbup:).

I just wanted a single device who can handle all kind of media files and it was very difficult to find clear informations regarding this audio requirement and to find a suitable combination of hardware and software for my needs And, despite my efforts, I had a final surprise ...:P

Sorry for this small offtopic but maybe this info which came up (Amlogic does not support 24-bit/192KHz over S/DIF TOSlink) could be important for other users too.

As far as I'm aware this issue is not specifically related to just Amlogic, 24bit/48KHz was the original design spec for S/PDIF but as technology progressed higher bit rates where supported but both the sender and receiver have to support it. These boxes are cheap chinese devices hence I said don't expect miracles. I'm not 100% sure if these boxes are capable of a 24/192 stream, I think your best option is to build a media PC with a high end sound card, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Oooh no ... it never crossed my mind. :( Thank you very much!

It may work to output 24-bit/192KHz audio using HDMI output, with a HDMI Audio Extractor like this?

Amazon.com: iArk HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter, HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink(SPDIF) + RCA L/R Stereo Audio Out, Support Fire TV Apple TV 4 Xbox One: Home Audio & Theater

I have used that under a different brand name, you can also purchase it for much cheaper on eBay, don't expect miracles with it though, I used it on an Nvidia Shield, it did allow me to extract 5.1 audio from HDMI to TOS for the surround sound system I was using at the time but you have to select the correct Kodi settings otherwise you will be scratching your head for hours thinking it doesn't work. In Audio settings number of channels 2.0, allow passthrough, enable DD AC3 transcoding and change the mode to 5.1 on the extractor. I would get some surround sound sample files to make sure sound is routed to individual speakers as well.

Guys, is there a way to flash this image directly into NAND of Mini M8S via Amlogic USB Burning Tool? I flashed Android TV image that way.
    The point is I can't make my Mini M8S III boot from SD via the toothstick approach. Any help doing any of these approaches is welcome. Thanks!

Try and flash an older Android image with an older bootloader, I had this problem with my box and this solved it. That way you can boot from USB then and proceed to flash to NAND.

SSH is actually enabled by default and I'm sure it works because I use it daily.

PM me a link to the copy of the plugin you are trying to install and I will take a look at what is going on.

I could do that, I will probably change the way I provide updates soon though, I'd like to have a build server compile a new copy either daily or weekly with the latest updates from LE and Kodi.

chapter skipping has been fixed by afl1 it will be included on the next release

I installed libwidevine again when I saw DRM failure errors in the log and it's now working.

I just found strange that the automatic update from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6 would mess up the system.

Yes I had to remove the precompiled binary to be compliant with the rules of posting community releases on this forum unfortunately, I replaced it with a service/script to automatically download it getlibwidevine.sh

Sometimes there is a race condition where if the network is not up in time before the script starts then the resulting file size will be 0 so the script removes it in that case. If the file already exists and it is the correct size then it should not remove it. You can run the script manually by typing getlibwidevine.sh in ssh

-edit

Upon just reading this I have noticed that the script is not executable because of the wrong file permissions, wouldn't of noticed if you hadn't reported it :) will be fixed in next release

I am not talking about included libretro, this is a way to run optimised lakka retroarch alongside kodI basically

kodi emulators, at least in the case of pcsx rearmed, are unusable...probably has something to do with why lakka s905 pcsx rearmed os over 1mb when kodi uses generic one that is around 500kb

The lakka ones are the same as what's provided in the libreelec repo, they have the same neon optimizations... these where added a couple of weeks ago.

I have just updated all the binary add-ons to the latest versions a few hours ago, so can you try the ones from the libreelec repo and let me know.

new update(and the test one from 12.11.17.) broke some stuff, this doesn't work properly any more [LibreELEC] Run RetroArch on your S905/S905X device! - FreakTab.com and works just fine in 1.0.5

now the kodi doesnt exit when i start retroarch and its flashing on the screen when i use the gamepad. i can see that gamepad is controlling kodi in the background while using retroarch menus.

There was some changes to game packages in the last release, I will look into this.

as frequenzy says LE 9.x isn't even at alpha stage, afl1 is doing a great job at squashing amlogic kodi related bugs but things are changing in the source on a daily basis and bugs can only be tackled one at a time, all feedback helps but just keep in mind that this release should in no way be considered stable, you have to take them with a pinch of salt and expect certain things not to work. It's a great accomplishment by kszaq and everyone who has worked on getting LE onto our devices but everyone is doing the best they can to support LE running on a device that it was never intended to be run on.

PS: I received an Automatic UPDATE to 1.0.6 today. Went well.

I wasn't aware this would happen.

Nice one GDPR-2 ;)

I have said for some time now that the build will automatically update but I could see from the server logs that people where still manually updating so I thought I wouldn't announce the new version this time and just push it out instead.

How it works:
    1. You get a notification that a new version is available

2. Your box will start to download the new version automatically
    3. You will get a notification when the download is complete

4. Reboot your box and the update will be applied

We will get there one by one ;). The way mediabuild is handled will change in LE master soon otherwise I'd have PR'd it already. libamcodec can be changed/bumped too.

I'll wait for kszaq to upstream the S905X part. We will get there. Please do not hesitate to PR to LE even if you think it has a strict policy. We are very happy about every contribution.

I think I used a bad choice of words there, however I find it disheartening that bugfixes remain unmerged for days/weeks and improvements even longer, I'm grateful that you merged my last one in a matter of hours though.

I hope I made kszaq task a little easier anyway, it took quite some time to diff his 8.2 branch and make it compatible for the master branch, but I would certainly like to see his work up in there, I like running a bleeding edge copy and it would be good to get jenkins up and running.

GDPR-1 the kernel is not the only example of the difficulty in merging with LE, there is a different version of libamcodec in use and patches from media_build that need to be rewritten for the latest version. It would be a mammoth undertaking to say the least and a lot of the patches in their current form I do not think would pass what I find to be a strict LE PR policy.

These are the 2 main commits showing what is needed to support S905/X in LE to give an idea, #1 #2, things are quite hacky in their current form, but it works as the repo is not a 1 size fits all, its specifically for 1 device.