Posts by HiassofT

Short answer: yes and yes.

The "wake from halt" function is a feature of the RPi firmware / bootloader. If you short GPIO3 (pin 5 on the header) to ground the RPi will start up again. This works always (AFAIK).

The gpio-shutdown overlay configures a GPIO to send a KEY_POWER keypress. Kodi handles this like the power button on a PC, which by default brings up the shutdown menu. You can change that to do an instant shutdown via keyboard.xml.

so long,

Hias

I've changed the title for you to make it more "interesting" for other users.

1) We know it's LE - that's why you're here,

2) Cinergy DVB-S2 Dual Tuner shouldn't be relevant.

I beg to differ, Cinergy DVB-S2 Dual Tuner could be very relevant - could you change the title back?

This is nothing I've seen before, as 2 IR devices are created and as they are identical the same configuration will be applied to both devices - and both will decode the signals thus giving double button presses.

Unless the device really should have 2 IR receivers (which would be very strange) I suspect this could be a driver bug and should be reported upstream.

finsher which LE version are you using, and which platform? Are you using the CrazyCat / TBS drivers or the standard kernel drivers?

The easiest workaround is to add "ir-keytable -s rc1 -c" to .config/autostart.sh for now.

so long,

Hias

Thanks a lot for the feedback and for your patience testing all those builds!

I think we should be settled now, tomorrow's Milhouse build will include the necessary changes to make bluetooth working on your box and if I didn't mess up and break other stuff they will be included in the next LibreELEC alpha/beta release as well.

so long,

Hias

Ah, no, I'm quite sure you didn't do anything wrong and missing firmware files are also (very certainly) not an issue - brcm/BCM4345C0.hcd was also missing in Mint but BT worked without it.

The issue is very certainly that the serial driver needed by your Atom CPU/board was missing and that the number of serial ports was limited to 4.

Can you check if this build works? libreelec-generic.x86_64-9.0-devel-20181205221534-01837ae.tar

I've changed the serial kernel options to (about) match with current Debian/Ubuntu configs which adds hopefully all options needed for your box.

so long,

Hias

sandin I noticed in your log that you still have /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/90-my-firmware.conf present - you can drop that now.

dmesg isn't showing any bluetooth adapters, so probably yet another kernel config option is missing.

Can you check if you get Bluetooth with Linux Mint? If it works there please post dmesg, journalctl -a, lsmod and lspci output from the working setup. This should provide some more hints.

so long,

Hias

Please remove all LibreELEC IR config changes (rc_maps.cfg, local rc keymap files, kodi keyboard/remote.xml files etc) and then reboot.

With an MCE remote or your Harmony configured as an MCE compatible remote things will work out of the box, if you still like to tweak button mapping you can do that with a kodi keymap or the keymap editor addon.

so long,

Hias

The RPi doesn't contain any circuitry to wake it up by an IR remote so this won't work out-of-the box.

IIRC there are addon boards that can do that (can't remember the name though). Or you can install a momentary-push button on GPIO pins 5 and 6 and use the gpio-shutdown overlay - the button will then act as a power on/off button.

The RPi3 will get warm a bit, some 40-50°C are normal though and nothing to worry about. If it gets hotter than that check if some addon has gone bezerk and keeping the RPi busy.

Run "top", on idle the summary line on the top should show something between 90 and 97% idle and in the process list kodi should be around 10-15% (here on RPi3B+ I see about 97% idle and 10% kodi).

so long,

Hias

You can disable the IR receiver in your DVB dongle by creating a file /storage/.config/modprobe.d/dvb-usb-disable-ir.conf with the following content:

Code
    options dvb-usb disable_rc_polling=1

Or just put a piece of black (gaffer) tape over the IR receiver.

so long,

Hias

It's best to use the Microsoft MCE / Kodi profile on your Harmony remote - this will work out of the box.

The scancodes sent by your current profile seem tio contain a toggle bit (the 5th digit flipping between 8 and 0 on alternating button presses), but since the first 4 digits don't match the MCE "customer code" "800f" the kernel doesn't handle it as a toggle bit - and you get two different scancodes.

so long,

Hias

Well, I tried the same and I didn't saw files from brcm folder. But maybe I made some small mistake. If you are saying that it works then it is ok.

But you don't see files/folder from /storage/.config/firmware on /usr/lib/firmware/ right?

It's a bit of a symlink jungle, easy to get lost (maybe I should clean that up a bit some time):

/lib/firmware symlinks to /var/lib/firmware, a directory in a ramdisk

/var/lib/firmware gets populated with symlinks to the various kernel overlay directories, from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays and/or addons.

Currently only /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware contains firmware files and that directory has a symlink "updates" pointing to /storage/.config/firmware

Thinking about it we may run into problems when we add firmwares via overlays (which we don't do at the moment) as that may create symlinks in /storage/.config/firmware. Tricky. maybe handling .config/firmwares via a special case in the kernel overlay system may be better - I'll think about it some more.

so long,

Hias

HiassofT: What about setting overlay automatically from /storage/.config/firmware/ folder? So only files in appropriate should be copied there and after reboot it would work. Without making .conf file.

I had thought about that as well. But it was puzzling me why adding firmware via .config/firmware shouldn't work so I gave it a try and - guess what - it worked as expected.

I created an RPi2 image with the RPi wifi firmwares removed and added them in .config/firmware/brcm/:

Then booted on a RPi3B (which needs the brcmfmac43430-sdio bin and txt files) with dyndbg="module firmware_class +p" on the kernel command line to trace the kernel firmware loader.

The kernel first checks /lib/firmware/updates/4.19.4, then /lib/firmware/updates which is a symlink to /storage/config/firmware - and succeeds for the bin and txt files and fails for the clm_blob (which isn't available anywhere). In the clm_blob calls one can see though that /lib/firmware/4.19.4 and /lib/firmware are probed afterwards.

bin:

Code
    [ 6.223611] firmware_class: __allocate_fw_priv: fw-brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin fw_priv=1d7ef5e3
    [ 6.223669] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: loading /lib/firmware/updates/4.19.4/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin failed with error -2
    [ 6.244375] firmware_class: fw_set_page_data: fw-brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin fw_priv=1d7ef5e3 data=0caa91ae size=388739

txt:

Code
    [ 6.244390] firmware_class: __allocate_fw_priv: fw-brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt fw_priv=bcdb1585
    [ 6.244425] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: loading /lib/firmware/updates/4.19.4/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt failed with error -2
    [ 6.245707] firmware_class: fw_set_page_data: fw-brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt fw_priv=bcdb1585 data=6ad77431 size=1125

clm_blob:

Code
    [ 6.417063] firmware_class: __allocate_fw_priv: fw-brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob fw_priv=1d7ef5e3
    [ 6.417107] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: loading /lib/firmware/updates/4.19.4/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2
    [ 6.417145] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: loading /lib/firmware/updates/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2
    [ 6.417167] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: loading /lib/firmware/4.19.4/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2
    [ 6.417188] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: loading /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2

[ 6.417199] firmware_class: __free_fw_priv: fw-brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.clm_blob fw_priv=1d7ef5e3 data= (null) size=0

So I'd say everything's fine and if loading firmware via .config/firmware doesn't work on some systems that has to be investigated in detail.

so long,

Hias