Code
    kodi-rpi4:~/.config # mount -oremount,rw /
    kodi-rpi4:~/.config # echo "# huhu" >>/etc/bluetooth/main.conf
    -sh: can't create /etc/bluetooth/main.conf: Read-only file system
    kodi-rpi4:~/.config # grep " / " /proc/mounts
    /dev/loop0 / squashfs ro,relatime 0 0
    kodi-rpi4:~/.config #

Hello,

/etc is located on a squashfs and can therefore not be modified.

How is one supposed to change/override settings in files withhin /etc?

For some packages, directories exist in /storage/.config, but those directories exist not for all packages.

I would need to set FastConnectable=true in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf to fix issues with reconnect issues when libreelec is rebooted. But

Code
    find /storage -name '*blue*'

won't find me anything for a starting point.

Maybe there's some generic way for such setting changes/overrides?

I see, there is the dtoverrides mechanism. But from the README, it looks like this is only for hardware deviations.

Hello,

When trying to download packages for libreelec-10.0, I get following errors:

Are those files corrupt?

Got it (almost) working now.

Problem was, that module-udev-detect can be loaded only once at startup. So executing

Code
    echo "pactl load-module module-udev-detect" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

makes alsa sinks available after reboot.

After that, executing

Code
    pactl load-module module-combine-sink slaves=alsa_output.0.hdmi-stereo,bluez_sink.A4_77_58_02_93_FB.a2dp_sink

on the command line makes the device for simultanous output available to Kodi. Works fine so far.

Problem is, this last command won't work from autostart.sh to make this simultanous sink available after boot because the bluetooth speaker is not available at boot time.

Journalctl says:

Code
    Jan 01 14:18:06 kodi-rpi4 pulseaudio[352]: E: [pulseaudio] module-combine-sink.c: Invalid slave sink 'bluez_sink.A4_77_58_02_93_FB.a2dp_sink'
    Jan 01 14:18:06 kodi-rpi4 pulseaudio[352]: E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-combine-sink" (argument: "slaves=alsa_output.0.hdmi-stereo,bluez_sink.A4_77_58_02_93_FB.a2dp_sink"): initialization failed.
    Jan 01 14:18:18 kodi-rpi4 pulseaudio[352]: E: [pulseaudio] module-combine-sink.c: failed to parse module arguments
    Jan 01 14:18:18 kodi-rpi4 pulseaudio[352]: E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-combine-sink" (argument: "sink_name=combined alsa_output.0.hdmi-stereo"): initialization failed.

the bluetooth sink is created only after I switch the bluetooth speaker off and on again.

So the question now is: is it possible to create the bluetoosh sink even before the connection to the actual device has been made?

Digging through pulseaudio, I found that

Code
    pactl module-load module-udev-detect

should detect alsa devices and make them available to pulseaudio. But for some reason, this command fails to detect those devices:

Any idea why this command won't find the alsa cards?

Is there any way to debug pulseaudio?

Hello all,

I am trying to get audio output onto HDMI and a Bluetooth box working simultanously.

This wiki entry suggests that this should be possible with the pulseaudio module-combine-sink

Unfortunately, I have a hard time to find my audio sinks. The sinks I am interested in are listed by Kodi as:

Code
    ALSA: Default Audio Device ()
    PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

But neither pactl nor amixer shows me those two devices:

In addition, I get:

Code
    kodi-rpi4:~ # pacmd list-cards
    No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
    kodi-rpi4:~ # export PULSE_RUNTIME_PATH=/run/pulse
    kodi-rpi4:~ # pacmd list-cards
    0 card(s) available.

Nevertheless, after executing

Code
    kodi-rpi4:~ # pacmd load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined

a new device appears in Kodi, called

Code
    PULSE: Simultanous output to Anker SoudCore (PULSEAUDIO)

When I select this device, my Bluetooth box plays fine. So the module-combine-sink basically seems to work. But how do I find the name of the HDMI sink so that I can add it to the combined sink?

What's more, all those settings don't change when I change outputs in Kodi.

https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio says, it is not possible to have ALSA and Pulseaudio at the same time. But Kodi shows me ALSA devices as well as Pulseaudio devices. Can anybody elaborate on this? What is installed by default in a libreelec install on RPi 4B?

Thanks in Advance!