Posts by Manemm

Some displays don't allow resolutions supported (edid) to be read when powered off, or to determine the device is connected (hotplug). Some do.

You can use "getedid create" from wiki to store the edid to a file, and allow TV/Pi to be powered in either order.

Great, thank you very much. It seems like that was the solution.

In case someone has the same problem, here is the solution I did:

1. Turn on TV + Pi so Kodi is running.

Code
    getedid create

HDMI-A-1

Code
    cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid > /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid.bin

HDMI-A-2

Code
    cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/edid > /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid.bin
    Code
    cd ~
    mkdir -p cpio/lib/firmware/edid
    cp .config/firmware/edid/edid.bin cpio/lib/firmware/edid/
    cd cpio/
    find . -print | cpio -ov -H newc > ../edid.dat
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    mv ../edid.dat /flash

Finally, add the following entry to /flash/config.txt:

Code
    hdmi_edid_file=1

Hi there,

so I noticed that if I turn on the TV first and then the PI, Kodi always starts properly. But as soon as I leave the TV off and start the PI, it doesn't work. The Pi then starts the TV via CEC and there is only the white writing at the top left with Libreelec 10....

Perhaps this is an approach to solve the problem.

Hi there, what does this message mean in the journalctl edition? This is written as endless if the problem persists.

Code
    Jan 09 10:54:08 Kodi-Lena kodi.sh[772]: Attempt to import unsupported winsys offset 2611200
    Jan 09 10:54:08 Kodi-Lena kodi.sh[772]: Attempt to import unsupported winsys offset 2611200

After systemctl restart kodi

From this point on, I also see a picture.

Many greetings, Manemm

Hi there,

it doesn't matter how I set the "wait for the network" function. I can deactivate the function or set the time to 40 seconds. The behavior remains the same.

What I was able to find out, however, is that Kodi must already be running in the background. I change the channel by remote control and I also hear a sound from the TV program. If I restart the Kodi process via SSH, Kodi then works fine

Hi there,

I installed a Pi4 with a 1080p Phillips TV a few weeks ago. The Pi always starts there without any problems.

At least I didn't notice any problem. I hung a new Hisense 4K TV on the PI for Christmas. There I always have the problem that the PI doesn't always start.

It boots up, flashes green and then sends a signal to the television where only Libeelec (official) 10.0.1 appears in the top left corner.

But I can connect to the Pi via SSH. If I shut down the Pi a few times from the mains and restart it, Kodi also starts at some point and the Pi can be used as usual. Here are the logs from the boat when it doesn't work.

What I also noticed when I stop and restart Kodi via SSH, Kodi starts as usual and without any problems. :/

Help me, it's the PI / TV from my 9 year old daughter who got the whole TV & PI system for Christmas. THANK YOU :thumbup: <3

Link to Kodi LOG:

Code
    http://ix.io/3JKx