Posts by Hakuren

That’s how it should work? The main menu shouldn’t be in HDR and really you shouldn’t set the resolution to 4K for the menu.

So it should be in SDR 1080p for menu. Then when u play a video switch to 4K HDR etc.

The screen does not switch to HDR when it first loads the stream. So the procedure I mentioned is the only way for me to force HDR, otherwise it will keep playing in SDR. So when I do switch from a playing video to the home screen it will recognize the HDR and switch the display.

I am running the 20221101 generic nightly with an AMD Ryzen 3 5300U.

I am able to get HDR working but only if I start a video with hdr, press the menu button to get back to the kodi main menu, then back to the playing video. Is there a known workaround for this?

Is there anywhere I can debug if kodi is considering using HDR or not?

I am currently playing my media through the Emby Next Gen plugin, and my fear is that it somehow is not picking up the information correctly. However this is a total shot in the dark from my side.

I have tried looking though both the kodi and emby logs and not finding any mention of HDR anywhere.

I also played two HDR sample videos directly from a usb device and they did not send a HDR signal to my projector, nor did they look washed out as I would have expected them to be.

Is it possible to play HDR content on an Ryzen 3 5300U with the integrated graphics?

I am using the devel-20211020222733-d3745e7 version of smp 's build, but I am not able to get the system to switch to HDR.

Is it something I am missing in the settings or is this system just not able to play HDR right now?