Posts by flystar

Can I ask, what exactly are you going to try and build?

I had fun with an old Odroid SBC that I hacked together with a modified SDL. My image has an accelerated framebuffer, audio, input - enough to put together an app or game. It worked well for some small projects. I like being able to boot an SBC into a minimal environment and run, essentially, one program. I tried pushing the GPU to see how it performed.

I've always wanted that on a Pine A64+ but never succeeded. The Odroid image was a pain to put together. I couldn't get it ported to the A64+, GPU efficiency seemed sub-par and booting was a bit slow. The modified SDL needs maintenance, too.

LibreElec seems perfect for what I want, which is a minimal OS and hardware acceleration. It works on lots of hardware (including the A64+), which is great.

Does that help explain? :)

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/development-1/build-basics

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/development-1/…d-commands-le10

So for RPi4

Code
    PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm DEVICE=RPi4 make image

To make a package

Code
    PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm DEVICE=RPi4 scripts/build htop

Thanks! That is good to know how to build a package.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get a minimal EGL test working. I'm calling things in this order:

eglGetDisplay

eglInitialize

eglBindAPI

eglChooseConfig

eglCreateContext

eglCreateWindowSurface

Everything works until I get to eglCreateWindowSurface.

Somehow, I need to create a "native window". Otherwise, I don't have a valid handle to give eglCreateWindowSurface.

The info log from Kodi shows:

EGL_VERSION = 1.4

EGL_VENDOR = Mesa Project

GL_VENDOR = lima

GL_RENDERER = Mali400

It's not using X. I think it's DRM. How can I create a window?

Okay, I used the toolchain in the build system. It was easy to get a simple "hello world" working.

Is there a way to dig up the command line used to compile Kodi? I want to include all the headers and libs for audio, input and EGL (GLES2).

Right. I'm not really interested in taking binaries from other packages. I'm just trying to figure out how to compile something in the build system, so that I can get it on my device and try it. I'd prefer not to need to build images, write that to SD, etc. for every change.

htop already exists in the build-system, so you can either install the system-tools add-on package via the Kodi GUI (which contains htop) or you can add "htop" to extra packages in one of distribution/project/device 'options' files and it should be added to the default image.

Oh, okay. Thanks :)

How would I compile my own hello.c, so that it links to the correct libraries and will run on my device? Does it need to go into the image or can I copy it over to the existing LibreElec (running via SD card on my device)?

If there's a way to add gcc / build tools, that's fine, too. Then I can compile on the device.

I guess I can ignore those. The build seems to have worked without them.

If they really don't matter, it would make sense to remove them from the docs. I wasn't able to add them to a fresh Ubuntu LTS server install. I don't think they were in the docker build, either.

Thanks. I'm going through that but I ran into a problem, pretty quickly.

Using Ubuntu server 20.04.3 LTS:

I've updated and upgraded everything. I try to install the packages as indicated but I get an error:

E: Unable to locate package makeinfo

E: Unable to locate package mkfontscale

E: Unable to locate package mkfontdir

E: Unable to locate package bdftopcf

E: Unable to locate package java

Hi,

As I understand, Lakka is built on Libreelec. That made me interested in seeing if I could make my own build. I'm trying to build a minimal OS with accelerated video/audio on a single-board computer like a Raspberry Pi. I assume that means GLES v2 and maybe OpenAL. The goal is to boot fast into my own program.

I'm just getting started. Do I need Ubuntu desktop or can I build from a server edition?