Posts by malorter

Since I suspected my touchscreen of a physical malfunction I called my retailer and he told me about known issues after a major update for Raspberry Pi 4. So touch is supposed to be not working on any system at the moment however the screen preventing Libreelec from booting seems to stay a specific problem with Libreelec and Raspberry Pi 4. I could "solve" this by disabling the kms driver in Rapberry Pi OS.

Hi, thanks for the quick answer. I got a little further, however it's not working yet.

My hardware:

- Raspberry Pi 4 2GB

- official Raspberry Pi 3 7" Touchscreen Display

- 5 V 3A power supply through the display

- HDMI Monitor with Micro HDMI to HDMI cable

- Plugged in network cable

- wireless USB keyboard

What I tried:

With the latest nighty build (20211220):

1. Old install, standard config, hdmi: Touchscreen pulsing grey, hdmi showing splash screen then dying

2. Fresh install, standard config, hdmi: Both screens show rainbow, partition resizing, restart, both screens show rainbow, hdmi dying, touchscreen pulsing grey.

3. Edit to 2.: edited config dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch: Both hdmi and touchscreen showing rainbows, hdmi dying, libreelec splash screen (showing version) on touchscreen, no further boot

4. Edit to 3: With ignore_lcd=1: No rainbows, hdmi dying, touchscreen stuck on splash screen as in 3

5. Fresh install, config with dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch: ignore_lcd=1: no rainbows, resizing, restart, short rainbow on on hdmi, both showing libreelec splash screen, hdmi dying, libreelec splash screen stays on touchscreen as in 3.

6. Edit to 5: Config with dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch, dtparam=audio=on, hdmi not inserted: : Rainbow, boot, touchscreen is working, no touch. After restart: stuck on splash screen as in 3.

7. Tried to reproduce, fresh install with no hdmi, dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch, dtparam=audio=on: Rainbow, resize, reboot, rainbow, stuck on splash screen.

I don't know what I did right in 6 but I don't manage to reproduce it even when I involve step 5.

To sum it up: The screen itself is working, but the boot is stuck almost every time on the splash screen (Libreelec version screen).

Please let me know if can be any help in working it out.

My config when edited:

I tried OSMC as well and it has a similar problem. Even if the Screen is working out of the box on the first startup it gets grey later on. I can access the system via HDMI but I can't switch to Touchscreen. With dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch and dtparam=audio=on no screen is working anymore. Ubuntu server is working out of the box (screen, don't know how to test touch here), Ubuntu Desktop ist not working (grey screen) and raspberry pi os is working after adding dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch and ignore_lcd=1 to the config (touch seems to be locked there - can perform one touch and nothing more - maybe a screen issue?).