Posts by roterdrachen

Hello, as 2.5 GbE adapter is becoming more common I kindly want to ask if there are 2.5GbE adapters that are supported in LibreELEC? As I see the most cheap USB 3.0 2.5GbE ethernet adapters are based on the Realtek RTL8125B chip. I also have here 3 Odroid-N2+ with CoreELEC installed that have that RTL8125B driver installed and one of them has one attached. I read in another post there probably will not be any drivers in the official build. I do not know why? What is the problem? The vast majority of 2.5GbE USB3 ethernet controllers are RTL8125B based (have a look at Amazon)

I think about buying a fanless x86 mini pc (Liva Z3) and to add an additional 2.5 GbE adapter. So it must not be a Realtek USB3 adapter (?), perhaps there is an Intel i225 2.5 GbE USB3.0 adapter that will work? Or another?

In short, is there a USB3.0 2.5GbE ethernet adapter out there that will work out of the box with an x86 mini pc, e.g. the Liva Z3? Or 5GbE ? Any above 1GbE? Personally I do not want to search modified LibreELEC images which maybe outdated. Mainly because I established 2.5GbE here in my home.

Michael :)